Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MPJ brand 1mw lasers seized by customs

i got 4 of these mpj brand pen lasers at $12,95 from ebay from a china seller him claiming they were 1mw thats why i bought them cos i know the law says they have to be 1mw or less , but i got the letter today saying they took them because they are greater than 1mw , so i wasted $51 bux . what should i do now tell the seller to give my money back for his false advertising make a paypal claim ?

i got 4 of these mpj brand pen lasers at $12,95 from ebay from a china seller him claiming they were 1mw thats why i bought them cos i know the law says they have to be 1mw or less , but i got the letter today saying they took them because they are greater than 1mw , so i wasted $51 bux . what should i do now tell the seller to give my money back for his false advertising make a paypal claim ?

PayPal is close to banning payment for lasers. Be careful making a claim, and try not to mention lasers, so it doesn't ruin it for the rest of us.

But try the seller, first. It is their job to get the item to you. you have no control over customs... in theory. It won't hurt to try.

PayPal is close to banning payment for lasers. Be careful making a claim, and try not to mention lasers, so it doesn't ruin it for the rest of us.

But try the seller, first. It is their job to get the item to you. you have no control over customs... in theory. It won't hurt to try.

yeah i contacted the seller , but with their holiday thing it will take a while , if they dont want to refund me , then ill just forget about it .

oh yeah we must congratulate the name of responsible officer at customs MR ANDREW ESBER for doing such a fine job at taking our lasers YOU JERK FACE BURN IN HELL .

well im off to buy some lasers now thousand times the power of my seized ones thankyou very much.

Last edited:
you may need to build your own to sneak the pieces past the customs guys.

i might try making my own someday , i have a guy from brisbane and sydney that make and import them for good prices , i have no idea how they are importing them, all they keep telling me is they have heaps ready instock , they have plenty of them all i need is lots of cash lol

Have a look on Ebay Australia, They have heaps on there ready to go shipped from within Aus

I would be sort of careful buying higher powered lasers though unless it's on the forum here
As you'll be waaaay overcharged for something totally under-spec... As I said have a look on Ebay they have many "1mW" ones to choose from and they'll all be over spec :)

Have a look on Ebay Australia, They have heaps on there ready to go shipped from within Aus

I would be sort of careful buying higher powered lasers though unless it's on the forum here
As you'll be waaaay overcharged for something totally under-spec... As I said have a look on Ebay they have many "1mW" ones to choose from and they'll all be over spec :)

does this site have a sale section for australia users to sell lasers to eachother ? makes it easier to sift through all the ads

try the seller first then try with ebay. ebay will side with you if you have proof they where taken and that the seller wasn't any help if that ends up being the case.

Last edited:
Just post that you're looking for [insert item] in Aus. We have plenty of international members, some from Aus, they'd be your best shot.

If you just do a search for "laser pointer" then on the side bar with search options click Australia only

what kind of green diode can I put into those sdlaser 303 housing ? I've seen the housing on eBay for $18 I don't know what size diode fits in them ? if someone can find me an eBay green diode link in 300 mw that fits into that kinda housing I would be most appreciated .