Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Motorcycle fans here

So I've decided that when I buy this house here in the next year I'm going to be getting a motorcycle in addition to my new Rav4 lol Just thought I'd get some feedback as to the one I'm looking of buying for my first +200cc motorcycle. Here's the one I'm looking at.

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2017-Ninja-300-ABS-KRT-Edition#
dupw14yo.xo2.jpg

I personally wouldn't waste my money on a 300cc bike (granted it's not that expensive). But I have a decent amount of riding experience. If you don't have much motorcycle experience, I'd suggest getting a used bike, because there's a good chance it's going to be laid down. And I would much rather dump a cheap used bike, rather then a brand new one! If you're specifically wanting a sport bike, look for a used Suzuki SV650. I own an '03 with the GSXR front end swap, and it's a great beginner bike, but still is very suitable for seasoned riders. I also own an '06 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic, which will give some lower displacement sport bikes a run for their money, but with a more comfortable ride.

Last edited:
Omg! A friend of mine got that exact same one, he likes it a lot. I also believe you can't go wrong with Kawasaki. I think the only complaint he has with it is it's not very fast at all, but then again he knows that that particular bike was never meant to be a race bike. He also has a Yoshimura exhaust on it and it sounds great. They're reliable so I say it's a GO for me :)

Last edited:
Nice looking bike..
Not my style but nice just the same...

Just remember this to keep you safe...;)

1) No-one on the road sees you.
2) No-one on the read has brakes.

Jerry

Browse the forums for the bike your considering. If it's your first street bike buy used till you learn how to not fall in the uturns and such. Try to stay under 500cc.

Yeah I wasn't considering getting a new one. Definitely used, I'm still in the process of getting my motorcycle license lol but I'm really only gonna use it on my days off probably one a week just for a little excitement. I will definitely stay off the highways too haha good advice lasersbee I will definitely remember that.

Week days from 10am till about 3pm are the best times to get out in my area. On the weekends everyone is out on the roads and the grannies aren't so obvious. But they are there hiding among the people driving on their cell phones. I don't go for rides unless I feel super lucky. You could say what makes the way people drive is in the air and some days the air isn't so good if you follow. Superstitious as a mofo about riding. I've done good for about 18 years knock on wood for sure.

Last edited: