Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Most powerfull 598nm?

Hello.

I just read this report (or whatever u call it :yh:):

Efficient all solid-state continuous-wave orange laser at 598 nm - Springer

And saw they have made a stable 268mW 598nm laser :drool: which i find pretty amazing as you need a 36W TEM00 total pump power. But then i started to thinking if there was an even higher powered yellow laser? I started to google and found this:

50W 1064nm Side-pumped DPSS Laser Module products from China (Mainland),buy 50W 1064nm Side-pumped DPSS Laser Module by GN50-H from seekpart.com

From there u can buy a 500W 1064nm ("150W-500W DPSS Laser Module") and then i started to think that u can make a even higher powered yellow laser.

If we say it's the same efficiency as the 268mW build (0,74%) it would be able to produce a 3,72W 598nm. (Wow that must require a lot of cooling for it to be stable, if it's even able to get it stable after all the opticals) I would think the opticals should be pretty high quality and really speciel made to handle a 500W diode.

What's the highest 598nm power achieved? Would kill to see some beamshots of that 268mW :bowdown:

Bingo. You'll find these sites all over the place, NOBODY will sell these. It's just documentation that it HAS and CAN be done.
The only two oranges you can commercially get are 612nm ($900 / 1mW) and 607nm (200mW, over $2k)

Edit: for the OP, these are top-notch scientists doing these, not hobbyists, you can't just put any high powered laser in front of a crystal and expect it to do what you want it to.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a photo of this598nm laser.
I bet it's one of those super portable lasers like the one below;)
smalllaser.jpg

Insane pic^^ I truly wish we could pump any object with any laser.. Our world would be much more interesting.

Blord

I have change the diode. Oeps now I have to re-align all the mirrors :D