Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

more pot modding questions

i know that pot modding will decrease the life of your laser, but what if you do more than just the pot mod? what if you switch the resistor and do this thing called Shorted Pot Mod?
im reading this all here:
http://www.angelfire.com/co3/coinsnxs/

will all of this shorten the life of a laser? if so is there ANY way at all to make ur laser better without decreasing the lifespan?

btw i have a DX 50mW so idk if this should even be modded in any way. i tried to take the button off but i couldnt figure out how. i think the lasers that get pot modded are different ones than DX lasers?

Kenom

essentially you cannot do any modification your looking at doing without shortening the lifespan of the laser. Plain simple truth. Not a one!

Things

the buttons on the DX's are solid, they do not come apart or out. you have to remove the whole laser assembly to get the button out and to mod it :'(

I read in the modifications section of the forums that its possible to drill a small hole about 1.5 mm /1/8"  just in front of the on/off button  you can access the pot without removing the laser circuit board. However i notice that somone has a post with pics showing the on/off button on the opposite side  to the pot so i am not sure if DX /new wish have used different circuit boards at different times
hope this helps...
Just ordered a DX 50