Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

More messing with Wicked

SenKat_Stonetek said:
[quote author=Andrewajt62 link=1231099009/0#0 date=1231099008]In the Wickedlasers contact section I wrote them something. I put it as a critical priority. If they reply, I'll post it here. Here's the message:

You made a mistake. The Spyder 2 GX is far from the most handheld lasers. Laserglow's Hercules 500 is. The Spyder 2 GX can't even instanly pop a ballon, so it is more like 40mW. Stop lieing. How do you live with yourself? Lieing to customers and sending them underpowered units! Any customer should stick with Optotronics/Laserglow/Novalasers if they want top notch quality lasers.

WOW !  WAY TO GO !  You are my HERO ! {steps around small puddle of puke}

NOT that you are going to listen to this, but what the heck....

If you are going to TRY to seem intelligent, or to TRY to make a point - SPELL CHECK and check your syntax.  All you accomplish is this: someone working for whatever company you are TRYING to slam, laughs at your stupidity.  Just like me, and anyone else with more than one neuron firing is right now.  Grow up, "man".  I'm suprised you had the guts to actually use your own email address for your little love note to them  ::)  Go ahead and start your little third grade attitude, and flame away - I'll simply skip over your worthless posts.[/quote]
His grammar and spelling is a lot better than half of the internet. Although I must agree with you on the matter of bashing. Bashing or raging at another site should be done maturely (Gee, look at the irony in that!); by this I mean you must make your point and then leave.

SenKat_Stonetek said:
[quote author=Andrewajt62 link=1231099009/0#0 date=1231099008]In the Wickedlasers contact section I wrote them something. I put it as a critical priority. If they reply, I'll post it here. Here's the message:

You made a mistake. The Spyder 2 GX is far from the most handheld lasers. Laserglow's Hercules 500 is. The Spyder 2 GX can't even instanly pop a ballon, so it is more like 40mW. Stop lieing. How do you live with yourself? Lieing to customers and sending them underpowered units! Any customer should stick with Optotronics/Laserglow/Novalasers if they want top notch quality lasers.

If you are going to TRY to seem intelligent, or to TRY to make a point - SPELL CHECK and check your syntax.  All you accomplish is this: someone working for whatever company you are TRYING to slam, laughs at your stupidity.  Just like me, and anyone else with more than one neuron firing is right now.  Grow up, "man".  I'm suprised you had the guts to actually use your own email address for your little love note to them  ::)  Go ahead and start your little third grade attitude, and flame away - I'll simply skip over your worthless posts.[/quote]

I'd rep you if I could. This is sage wisdom.

As far as grammar, at least he hit the 50% mark for forming actual sentences. :-?

cexshun said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1231099009/0#15 date=1231950331][quote author=Andrewajt62 link=1231099009/0#0 date=1231099008]In the Wickedlasers contact section I wrote them something. I put it as a critical priority. If they reply, I'll post it here. Here's the message:

I'd rep you if I could. This is sage wisdom.

As far as grammar, at least he hit the 50% mark for forming actual sentences. :-?[/quote]

Thanks, but I don't "honor" the rep system - it is horridly flawed, and not a true measure of anything - no offense meant, of course.

Razako

Guys messing with WL was funny a year ago. Now it's just old. We all know that WL sucks and I fully support bashing them on the forum/youtube and advising noobs to avoid them whenever possible, but messing with their customer service like this is just pointless and won't accomplish anything. Their customer service people don't know a thing about lasers and they're probably just random teenagers who wanted a job. They get paid to sit around and tell people about how great WL products are.

The same applies to trolling their LC forum. It won't accomplish anything and it's no longer funny.

If you want to go after WL then directly attack their advertising. They advertise heavily on youtube and by attacking their videos with negative ratings and revealing the truth in the comment section you help the laser noobs who might have otherwise bought a product from them.

Coherent, I am with you all the way. Their ads need to be bashed so people aren't mislead into believing that their new wicked laser will burn stuff it cant. When I first started lasers, I was soooo close to buying from them. They have a great site and marketing tools. So they get a lot of first-timers. Luckily I decided on Nova instead.

Posting stuff on LC or on WL wont really change much, or do anyone any good. Write some bad reviews instead ( but don't lie!), or mention on youtube videos that their lasers really aren't as advertised. Just tell the truth and hopefully people will listen and stay far away :D

There is a HUGE difference between telling the truth, and simply bashing. Too bad there are too many simple minded folks out there that do not know how to look up either word on http://www.merriam-webster.com or any other online dictionary (actual paper books most likely do not exist in "those folks'" houses), or to even bother themselves to look up companies, check their products out, and do some (look out....here it comes !) READING. Blah, blah, blah - go ahead and "bash" this post all you like - you simply prove my point with utmost clarity. :cool:

Geneticz said:
I really should have said - *Bash their stuff truthfully* .   ::)

Why not just say, "Tell the truth of your experience with ******" <------{insert name of company here} and be done with it ? There is enough nastiness and mud flinging on this, and other forums already without starting even more crap. If everyone would actually talk about (OMG - here it comes !) LASERS - instead of the pre-pubescent drama crap, it would be a much better place to visit. Instead, as it is right now - I have to tell everyone whom I recommend to visit here, to engage their BS filters, ignore the little "Haxor boyz" and other immature riff-raff, and read until they find intelligence. Granted - that is a LOT of reading, but it is worth it after you bypass all the stupid crap, and stupid posts, by stupid people. Just my two cents worth, that's all. Anyone, and everyone can post their opinions and feelings, and if it is not liked, skip over it - I do....UNLESS I just feel like I have to throw my opinion into the mix. That opinion happens to flow over into the childish, "reputation" points system - when I see comments like, "wow - he's a cool dude, he gave me lots of crap when I bought a laser I am too stupid to build myself" Instead of simply stating something like, "Wow - really decent person to deal with - gave me more than value for the money/goods I spent/traded" or whatever. Alas, no.... not enough maturity - you must have people slam others in rep points (that I requested deleted, because I think they are stupid) and give eqally useless points for random crap {like, "wow - cool guy ! +1 because he needs to be at 40 like so-and-so"). Okay - off my soap box ! I don't expect this place to change, I USED to expect it to change - but not any longer. I like Avery, and I like the forum - I don't however have to like certain members, or they way the majority post their simple little, BS posts. :cool:

Have a grand day/week/month/year/life or whatever <-Greg->

You always used to say to people that didn't like your posts
"Don't read it then if you don't like what I'm saying"

Perhaps you could use this philosophy yourself?

robjdixon said:
You always used to say to people that didn't like your posts
"Don't read it then if you don't like what I'm saying"

Perhaps you could use this philosophy yourself?

You obviously skipped over what I wrote, but decided to express your opinion anyways - gee, sorry to have offended your simple little mind. Try reading, THEN expressing an opinion about what you read. If you HAD read it, I repeated ALMOST what you wrote...I'll leave it to you to actually find it, or to simply show further animosity and ignorance by being pissed off further. Whatever you decide, I'm here for you ! I can donate to the, "Give so-and-so a chance at normal life by cultivating neurons in the lab for transplant", or I can support your intelligent, and mature decision to read, and express your opinion. (Your choice.)

Ugh, not more messing with Wicked's customer support system. I agree with Coherent and others, it's pretty lame now to do that.

And to Wicked's credit, their support system is excellent. I've dealt with them on multiple occasions, from returning a laser to purchasing unlisted items (the Sonar cases) and they were fast, helpful and professional. Their technical laser knowledge might not be up to scratch, but when it comes to business side assistance and support they are spot on.

So rather than attacking Wicked through what I regard as their best aspect, you should instead get a Ph.D is Laser Technology and scientifically analyze and compare Wicked brand laser products to other brand lasers and present your findings in a journal.

Murudai said:
Ugh, not more messing with Wicked's customer support system. I agree with Coherent and others, it's pretty lame now to do that.

And to Wicked's credit, their support system is excellent. I've dealt with them on multiple occasions, from returning a laser to purchasing unlisted items (the Sonar cases) and they were fast, helpful and professional. Their technical laser knowledge might not be up to scratch, but when it comes to business side assistance and support they are spot on.

So rather than attacking Wicked through what I regard as their best aspect, you should instead get a Ph.D is Laser Technology and scientifically analyze and compare Wicked brand laser products to other brand lasers and present your findings in a journal.

Nice post ! ;) To quote someone famous -(I am smart enough to recall the quote, but not so smart that I know specifically WHO said it !!!) THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE ! I kinda like that quote. All of my smack talking, crap posting boils down to this : Investigate what you are talking about prior to the attempt at intelligent conversation. It will save you lots of face, save lots of agravation, and might actually be helpful to some folks out there that are trying to make the best, well informed choice for spending their hard-earned money ! Try it, you'll find less complaints about your posts, and about the information you are sharing - I KNOW it is difficult to remove bias from folks' opinions - but I try to remove bias against specific com[anies, and concentrate on ignorant "slammers" - it's a lot more fun that way for me :)