Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

more aquarium pics 10/24

Aren't there ways to color fog? It would be amazing if you could somehow layer different colors of fog in the tank. Not sure how possible that would be though, unless maybe the "dyes" for the fog were different densities?

Last edited:

attachment.php

Attachments

• +rep bruce.jpg
    +rep bruce.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 75
very cool .... :) making me pine over having a projector! Your shots are nothing short of AMAZING! You really need to submit those to like Popular Science, or some sort of Photography Mag. I think you really could make some money on doing shots like those IMHO. Keep up the good work!

Hey crazyspaz, making different color layers of fog would indeed be a neat trick to do. One thing I did notice when I used hand helds and fog in the tank is that all around the beam, the fog glows and blends with the color above and below it. One possible way to make the those "layers" more pronounced would be to close the shutters on the lasers (at least with Laserbtb HL's and PL's) and try to balance the amount of light so you could control glow and the size of the layers. I will be using hand helds tomorrow so maybe I will give it a shot.

SilverFire - your note is much better than a rep, thanks!

Vortish - If you have the funds you should look into a projector. They are totally worth it and there is so much you can do with one. I have sold and had published some of my photography of more normal stuff, but never sold or had published any laser pics. Maybe one day.

Vortish - If you have the funds you should look into a projector. They are totally worth it and there is so much you can do with one. I have sold and had published some of my photography of more normal stuff, but never sold or had published any laser pics. Maybe one day.

Brucemir

If I had the funds then I would but being out of work and semi disabled kind a puts a damper on buying any thing that expensive. But I can enjoy the pics that you put up and for meow that is ok.