Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

More 3D Printable Parts

rhd

Is it possible to get a 3D printer for ~$300 shipped?

I've been eyeing them for a while, but it seems like all of the units in that price range have absurd multi month lead times.

ARG

Is it possible to get a 3D printer for ~$300 shipped?

I've been eyeing them for a while, but it seems like all of the units in that price range have absurd multi month lead times.

This rule applies for 3D printers: Quality, Time and Price. Pick 2.

ARG

Not sure anymore, sorry. I got mine a little over a year ago when $500 was considered dirt cheap. The technology has advanced rapidly at the hobby level and what I know about the market from then is probably no longer relevant :p

upaa27

I have the printrbot simple. That thing works great once you calibrate and mess around with it for a bit. You can pick up the kit to assemble yourself for i think $50 cheaper so its a good deal.

Just keep track of your filaments and make sure you don't jam it ;)

I have used this to print many optics mounts and holders.

I ordered this one about a month ago when it was $350 on presale - Solidoodle Press

They notified me letting me know units start shipping Oct 30th, and their customer service has been very quick to respond. I hope it's as turnkey as advertised.

rhd

I ordered this one about a month ago when it was $350 on presale - Solidoodle Press

They notified me letting me know units start shipping Oct 30th, and their customer service has been very quick to respond. I hope it's as turnkey as advertised.

It's $450 now, plus shipping. So realistically, it's $550 + to my door. They have some obnoxious increasing price scheme.

I'm sick of all these 3D printer manufacturers having nonsense BS payment and delivery terms. Either they want to hold your money for half a year first, or they have stupid payment schemes of some sort.

The real claim to fame would be the ability to sell an inexpensive 3D printer and actually ship it thereafter. In other words - the normal way that 99% of online sales are conducted. No nonsense. I'm sick of the nonsense. More to the point, I'm sick of the roller coaster ride of endlessly reading about new 3D printers targeting the low end consumer market, only to inevitably find.... more nonsense.

Rant over :)

RHD that sounds like some of the ebay sellers I have dealt with and what their combined shipping really means.

Headaches!!