Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MODE HOPPING

VillageIdiot said:
Hey, it worked didn't it? ;) And Techlasers aren't the most ethical and dutiful company out there, they don't necessarily deserve to be treated like kings, hehe.

They deserve to be treated with respect, though - as do most others....Toked didn't buy FROM them, he bought it second hand - they didn't HAVE to do anything, like most other places wouldn't. The ends does not justify the means, IMO - nasty people get "fired" from my store - and I can do that, since this is a hobby for me. I despise folks that act like the world owes them - it's a crappy attitude to have, whether you like the company or not.

At first my dealings with techlasers pissed me off ,warranty went out 90 days then magically about 4-6 days later so did my on off button on my infinity 95 I was pissed then after i repaired it a jerry from techlasers contacted me saying to ship it in after i told him i even broke safety-seal  .So hey they seem to care a bit .would i buy another heck no my x100 rocks and it  puts out 40mw more but Gregs  right dont judge a book by its hear-say cover :-X

The MAIN "lesson" <as if anyone cares...> here is that you attract more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. Try being nice for a change - if you don't get the answer you want, step back and ask yourself if your expectations are reasonable, or if you are merely being an addle-brained twit, and wanting the sun, moon and stars for pennies on the dollar, or free ? Anyways...nuff said, I suppose. Glad you got something worked out, Toked - although I do believe you could have gotten it done in a nicer way - but hey, that is just me :)

JLSE

toked323 said:
Just wondering, is mode hopping fixable, If i realign the crystals will it help or is it a bad driver on the board?

Was the output ever good? or was it out of the box like this? What is the output supposed to be?

SenKat_Stonetek said:
[quote author=toked323 link=1210881347/12#12 date=1211732538]So I contacted techlasers, they said that it would cost 100$ to fix the laser.

I said why the hell would i pay for a crap laser to get fixed, I said that nova lasers has better serice than them and that i would never recommend their crap company to anyone.

they emailed me back saying that they talked to their support whatever and offered to fix it free and its out of warranty.

WELL - send it off to them, and see if they do it ? I'm kinda wondering why you were so rough with them when they answered your question decently ? Have you ever dealt with Techlasers before ? Just curious, cause you kinda came out both barrels blazing - I personally woulda told you to piss up a rope with an attitude like that - just my $.02 <U.S.>[/quote]

I agree SenKat I was Kinda harsh, I got mad when they didnt email me back for days but they did after I said that.