Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MODE HOPPING

Just wondering, is mode hopping fixable, If i realign the crystals will it help or is it a bad driver on the board?

it's a crystal issue, and you can try adjusting it, but not if you're thinking about returning it as you may just totally screw it and get no output

well if you're not worry too much about the fact you could kill it, then go for it, try moving the crystal tiny amounts to find the optimum output

Other than alignment issues - your crystal could just be very inefficient, over heated, not hot enough, over saturated, under saturated - there is a lot that goes into making greens work properly - best of luck to you - post pictures and results !

I bought it from Chad a memeber here for 70$ a tech lasers infinity 75mw, but it averages over that but the power fluctuates he says and that theres 2 dots when you shine it on a black surface but you have to look for it.

You would be better off leaving it alone, rather than taking apart a CNI to try to repair it. you can check to see if it is still under warranty ?

a warranty, or out of warranty repair would be your best bet, unless you simply want the experience of tearing a CNI apart...they are finicky little things, and VERY difficult to repair.

So I contacted techlasers, they said that it would cost 100$ to fix the laser.

I said why the hell would i pay for a crap laser to get fixed, I said that nova lasers has better serice than them and that i would never recommend their crap company to anyone.

they emailed me back saying that they talked to their support whatever and offered to fix it free and its out of warranty.

toked323 said:
So I contacted techlasers, they said that it would cost 100$ to fix the laser.

I said why the hell would i pay for a crap laser to get fixed, I said that nova lasers has better serice than them and that i would never recommend their crap company to anyone.

they emailed me back saying that they talked to their support whatever and offered to fix it free and its out of warranty.

WELL - send it off to them, and see if they do it ? I'm kinda wondering why you were so rough with them when they answered your question decently ? Have you ever dealt with Techlasers before ? Just curious, cause you kinda came out both barrels blazing - I personally woulda told you to piss up a rope with an attitude like that - just my $.02 <U.S.>

Hey, it worked didn't it? ;) And Techlasers aren't the most ethical and dutiful company out there, they don't necessarily deserve to be treated like kings, hehe.