Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mobile layout

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to hire a designer for a custom LPF mobile layout.

Please let me know the following:

1) In your opinion what must the mobile layout support?

2) Anything you specifically don't want to see in the mobile layout?

The layout would likely automatically be selected if mobile browser selected, but with option to change to LPF original styles.

Best Regards,

-Avery

I still have the DarkShadows mobile from testing last time. It's almost complete and need few touches and it will be ready to go.

i did not like the last mobile lay out. It should be as close to the desktop version. you should be able to see what has been posted versus the last mobile did not allow you to do that

Benm

The best way to go in my opinion is forgetting about separate mobile layouts and go full on responsive. This is a lot of work initially, but once done it makes it a lot easier to implement future changes.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
@Benm, yes I'm working basically to make existing layout mobile responsive.

thanks for feedback guys

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
This mobile responsive layout being developed now, should hopefully be done in 1 week

On mobile at the moment ads (some for sci-fi) take up most of the screen. On mobile could they all be pushed to the bottom and less intrusive?

Idk what happened but now on mobile I can click thumbnails and it center I'm my screen. Before it would put them off center and i couldnt view them on my note 4.So I guess keep that function.

Benm

Responsive version would be cool :)

As far as the ads go: I use ad blockers on all of my devices - sorry if that takes away revenue, but the amount of ads on here is otherwise unbearable.

I'm affraid it's something to get used too. Ad blockers have many advantages beyond avoiding to be annoyed by ads. Think of reduced risk of malware, better battery life on portable devices and lower data consumption on smartphones. Most people that try an adblocker will keep it.