Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mobile forum view

😒😒😒 used to be able to get the PC view on my iPhone. Is there anyway to do this now? i don't like the mobile version.

I don't believe so. I also liked the mobile friendly version better, but have gotten used to this new version now :)

-Alex

Is there an option to view desktop site? My Galaxy S5 gives me that option. What browser are you using? If you aren't using Chrome or something like that, I would try using one of those if Safari doesn't let you view desktop versions.

Downloaded chrome and it still doesn't have a desktop option sadly. Guess I'm stuck in mobile view forever

Yeah in the latest iOS update there's no more option to load desktop version. I really, really hate the LPF mobile site, with a passion.

^^ use Chrome?

Yeah I just downloaded it for iOS and have been using it a few days now. There's one fatal flaw... the keyboard interface is S.......L......O......W... I means unusably slow. It takes about 1.5sec per keystroke to register. It will cache a sequence of keystrokes for at least 10sec long, and then spit them out as it processes, but autocorrect clashes with this and causes a lot of errors. Fwiw, I'm on an iPhone 5, so it isn't even that old of a model, and I don't have any performance issues elsewhere with the phone.

ped

^^ If its just the standard iPhone 5 (not S) , it is getting on a bit now. Chrome runs sweet as a nut on my Z3 Compact, which is getting on a bit now.

I guess, lol. With how they're doing mobile phone pricing these days I won't be upgrading any time soon. You used to be able to get a free upgraded phone every 2-3 years if you signed on for several years (usually 2), but now no carriers are doing that and instead you either have to buy the phone outright $$$ or have the cost of the phone added to your monthly bill. Last I looked the monthly version costs even more than buying it outright, not sure if because of interest or just their hands being in the process. I'm not going to shell out >$200 for a "new" phone (went to get the wife a 5 since she's on a 4 and that's when I found out all of this) when it used to cost me nada and I'm still paying the same amount per month as back then.

ped

You don't need to tell me, just two weeks ago I dropped £495 ($730) on an iPhone 6 for my daughter for Christmas...stupid prices.

Anyways... /derail.

I use Google Chrome on my iPhone 6 to be able to select the desktop view for this site and it works great, I have no issues what soever with it or using my keypad.

What would it take to make add pictures function like fb messenger. Where the app automatically sizes the photo to make it mobile, low speed friendly.