Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mmmmm.....blu ray......

got bored so i thought id see if a phr diode would handle alot of power. needless to say it does.... got this bad boy at 250ma but i cant test the output yet since i havent gotten my meter. wonder how long its gonna last....? :-?

got this cheap little pen light case at wal mart for around 4$

well it was nice the 5 minutes it lasted. put another phr diode in the host at 180ma this time and built a sister...

Well, at least we know that 250ma's is too much current for a reader diode.... ;D

--hydro15

Switch

hydrogenman15 said:
Well, at least we know that 250ma's is too much current for a reader diode.... ;D

--hydro15

LoL :D That sounds so duh anyway, but still, it didn't die right away. ;D

ndrew2505 said:
got this cheap little pen light case at wal mart for around 4$

Who makes that Pen? Is the ID the same as the OD of the aixiZ housing? And can you find it on their website?????

daguin

ndrew2505 said:
got bored so i thought id see if a phr diode would handle alot of power. needless to say it does.... got this bad boy at 250ma but i cant test the output yet since i havent gotten my meter. wonder how long its gonna last....? :-?

ndrew2505 said:
well it was nice the 5 minutes it lasted.

[smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]

TORTURE THEM UNTIL THEY DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAAAAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa......... . . . . .   .    .   .  . . . . . .    

I'm better now

The beam is amazing up there, ain't it ;')

Peace,
dave

Zom-B

We now only know the maximum of that particular diode... which is dead. All other PHR diodes are different so it still doesn't say anything.

k-shell said:
[quote author=ndrew2505 link=1220771673/0#0 date=1220771670]got this cheap little pen light case at wal mart for around 4$

Who makes that Pen? Is the ID the same as the OD of the aixiZ housing? And can you find it on their website?????[/quote]
its just a cheap rayovac penlight from wally world. ;) and yes dave ive gotten into the habit of torturing them... :D

Ive got one of those. They have a boost circuit but current doesnt stay stable it slowly climbs up after 3 mins of continuous use.

im usin a lavadrive v2 in both of these since most boost drivers for flashlights arent regulated enough for diodes. these are basically hollow tubes(aluminum) with 2 screw in pieces, a tail cap with clicky and the part the boost driver and led go in. they work good but youll have to have a duty cycle like with most higher powered pen lasers

hahaha gotta love higher power! i have mine at 190 and give it a lot of runs for its money.... hasnt failed me yet.