Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mistu 500/638nm/ Gold Pen..

Yes, but you'll have to be fragile with that host. One drop, and it will be scraped.

Thanks,

I have a 14K plated solarforce host that I had a running 70mW 520nm. But the switch was acting up and pulsed power to in constantly and blew the diode.
I Like my vodka so a gold host is probably in my "Just dont try" list

Good luck with your build. Remember no longer than 30seconds on a high powered diode.

To get you familiar with the build. So when you get your DTR module, solder the Neg(-) wire to your diode's case pin, the pin usually not used. OR if your using a 9mm diode, youll have to get your neg(-) wire to touch the host for conductivity to the end of the tailcap where your batteries are. In this case, your battery go positive in first.

There is a switch PCB with a spring included and you'll need that contact your pos(+) from your battery, this switch is hold together with a "plastic PCB holder" that will hold your PCB and to make your button of your pen work.

Like Lifetime17 did, adhesive the driver to the PCB and that will give it a good solid one-piece to insert inside. When putting it in, you'll need to strip some driver lead(wire) and stuck it between the module and host and push it in. Gives you a good neg(-) case pin connection. OR if your using 9mm diode, put the neg(-) wire at the module and strip the insulation, you will also need to stuck it between the module to conduct the back of the tailcap.

Also, if you do not get contact at the end of the tailcap, you'll need to make a solder blob not too big to get contact.

Use 2x 10440 cells (3.7v each) and that will make you use no boost drives.

Thanks, GL

Ps. Laser66 is a member here but not very active, lol.
http://laserpointerforums.com/members/laser66/

Last edited:
Hi,10
Yes these pens are cool and the Mitsu diode is tough with divergence. With a G7 it's better the G9 is a good fix to. Didn't try my S1 yet but soon maybe later today. Laser 66 has them great price to.Thanks for checking it out Have a 520nm coming soon to..

Rich:)

24K gold pen host?

No, this is brass.

A 12mm inner diameter 1mm thick 15cm long tube of gold is ~6cm^3, which is ~120g of gold which would cost over $4000. 24k gold is also very soft, so it would dent if you sneezed near it.

No, this is brass.

A 12mm inner diameter 1mm thick 15cm long tube of gold is ~6cm^3, which is ~120g of gold which would cost over $4000. 24k gold is also very soft, so it would dent if you sneezed near it.

Hi Cyp,
Yes a lot of these folks don'y know that, I my self wouldn't want it in gold. Then because of cost and then the durability of the finish. Correct 24K is very soft and malleable would not stand the test of time. I'll take the brass finish any day, buffs up nice and shiny.

Pman

I'll have built a bunch of pens as many know. When I build them I put epoxy at the corners where the driver faces the diode for a more solid connection and also more epoxy between 5he driver and button board. It makes it much more solid and greatly decreases the risk of twisting or squashing the diode pins etc....
Wonderful that this build worked out. I am quite guilty of really liking pen builds. Take a look at the "pen laser thread" in my links;) Should add this one to it:)
Have a couple of heavy brass hosts that I haven't gotten around to building and they do shine up nice although you need to clean them often to maintain the shine.
It was mentioned that one drop of a pen build and it's toast but I haven't noticed that they are any more sensitive to a drop as any other unit.
For 10440, go with Efest ones. They are good cells for that size. The "fire" branded ones are crappy in comparison.
If you are going case - then you may have to use a small magnet to get a solid connection to the end cap as mentioned.
Anyways, I get a smile on my face when someone is willing to build something like this. They can be tricky trying to get the exact fit. In general your place to make adjustments on the length is the switch board.
Using the stripped wire to make a host connection is good.
Yes it's more of a pain to work with a small host but when it comes together it's worth it.
I was able to REP ya;)

Last edited:
I have built a bunch of pens as many know. When I build them I put epoxy at the corners where the driver faces the diode for a more solid connection and also more epoxy between 5he driver and button board. It makes it much more solid and greatly decreases the risk of twisting or squashing the diode pins etc....
Wonderful that this build worked out. I am quite guilty of really liking pen builds. Take a look at the "pen laser thread" in my links;) Should add this one to it:)

Building one tonight, my package will arrive soon. Already failed one, hope this one won't dissappoint me.

Thanks,

@ Pman,
Your on spot nothing more to say . They are tricky but once you get the hang of it it's all cherries baby. Great post Mr.P like you said when it all comes together it's sweet..

Glad we can help out members.
There are no more pristine gold hosts left. I have a few with light scratches- they way I got them years ago from an EU LPF member who had them plated. I think he used chrome and had them 24K Gold plated locally. The scratches were under the gold. I have a few left and all the "bad" mottled look units left. Anyone here could make me an offer on the LOT. I have black hosts and some 2 hole chrome units left - all 100% pristine and nice. I was the supplier for JayRob when he sold them. No one hole chrome since I have lots of stock and it's about a 300 pcs. minimum to get new stock. I will re- order the switch PCB soon as we are low on those.
We mostly supply low powered diodes and modules to US Industry. Don't get in here much.
-Will

Supposingly Their the main source for our origional "G2" lens.

Creative Technology Lasers - Module Housing Components Page
Here shows all their products.

Www.laser66.com/html/pointerhost.html
Here's their host.

Thanks,

Glad we can help out members.
There are no more pristine gold hosts left. I have a few with light scratches- they way I got them years ago from an EU LPF member who had them plated. I think he used chrome and had them 24K Gold plated locally. The scratches were under the gold. I have a few left and all the "bad" mottled look units left. Anyone here could make me an offer on the LOT. I have black hosts and some 2 hole chrome units left - all 100% pristine and nice. I was the supplier for JayRob when he sold them. No one hole chrome since I have lots of stock and it's about a 300 pcs. minimum to get new stock. I will re- order the switch PCB soon as we are low on those.
We mostly supply low powered diodes and modules to US Industry. Don't get in here much.
-Will

Where do you order the bunch of hosts from? I would like to supply myself 300 units, and build then sell off, practicing while I do each one. LOL

thanks,

They are from Taiwan. I will make a deal on nearly 200+/- since i'd rather have a more active member selling them to LPF members. I have black with gold clip, black with chrome clip, all chrome, and a few of the 24K gold. This includesd all parts needed (front aperture and rear battery caps, sticker buttons, indicator window pins, and the black plastic switch supports.). I am also ordering 100 switch PCB assemblies to restock here. send PM and we can discuss it. I'll do a more recent inventory check to confirm number of holes for each, etc.

Last edited:
They are from Taiwan. I will make a deal on nearly 200+/- since i'd rather have a more active member selling them to LPF members. I have black with gold clip, black with chrome clip, all chrome, and a few of the 24K gold. This includesd all parts needed (front aperture and rear battery caps, sticker buttons, indicator window pins, and the black plastic switch supports.). I am also ordering 100 switch PCB assemblies to restock here. send PM and we can discuss it. I'll do a more recent inventory check to confirm number of holes for each, etc.

I would like only the black plastic pieces as I'm low on those and there's no way to make or get more. The ones that came with the host either broke or melted. I would like to order those if possible. 10-100PCs I will buy.

Thanks,