Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mini review - 405-G-1

cust11

I just got my 405-G-1 lens from jayrob today and I want to do a small review. Because DX hasn't got my 10440's to me yet I can't test this lens on my GGW! so I stuck it in my PHR for the time being. It registered 142mW with a craptastic lens so I would assume it is somewhere around 160-170mW now. All I can say is OUCH! You can't touch the beam now and it will light a match without being focused to a pin point (like my old lens).

The beam is so much brighter, you can tell it is making a considerable amount more power. Although the focus is VERY VERY VERY touchy.

I am impressed 100% and plan to order one for all of my builds!

+1 to you sir

-Mike

Last edited:

Very cool Mike arn't these lenses the bomb ! I have bought two and plan on getting one for each of my BR builds as funds become ava. i need to try the Larry DFW lens also and see what they can do. what did your power increase to ?

Peace All...

cust11

@ Ken, my old readings were 156mA | 142mW
Now it is 156mA | 180mW~ approx. The PHR will be going back to BrewCityMusic for another graph once I finish my GGW open can build. (just waiting on the friggen 10440 batteries!). I am addicted to bluray! I am already scoping out a BDR build.

@Flamin, I really like everything about this lens except its super short range you have to focus the beam. It is really really touchy. Never-the-less I am thrilled to have this lens and to be able to visually see a HUGE difference in the PHRs performance.

-Mike

WOW your running a PHR @ 156Ma I only run mine at 100Ma :thinking: I believe it's time to turn things up a bit :evil: I'll see your 156 and raise you 1 Ma LOL :crackup: report as to what happens to follow ! heck I'm only pushing my GGW to 180Mw maby I should expand my horizon a little bit more HeHeHe.

Peace all...

Now it is 156mA | 180mW~ approx.

jayrob

Thanks for the mini review. :thanks:

Glad you like the lens! :)

Just to clarify one point that was mentioned... LarryDFW is using the exact same optic as my 405-G-1 glass lens. The difference is in the mounting style and the lens nut he now has from MISTERWILLING.

I guess the main difference (IMO), is that his is glued in the nut, and mine is an assembly that can be easily taken apart to make cleaning easier if you ever needed to do so...
Jay

Last edited:

cust11

WOW your running a PHR @ 156Ma I only run mine at 100Ma :thinking: I believe it's time to turn things up a bit :evil: I'll see your 156 and raise you 1 Ma LOL :crackup: report as to what happens to follow ! heck I'm only pushing my GGW to 180Mw maby I should expand my horizon a little bit more HeHeHe.

Peace all...

Now it is 156mA | 180mW~ approx.

I guess the PHR is a freak diode:wtf: It measured a near constant 140mW over 61 seconds on BCMs laserbee. Those measurments were taken with a crap lens.(142 + [142*0.28]) = 181.2 should be close to right according to the gains from the 405-G-1. I would accept your offer and raise my PHR to 160mA but I stole that flexdrive for the GGW open can. Last night I couldn't focus (also my soldering iron needs to be replaced) and I was unable to solder bridge (jump) my other flexdrive to set its current in the second range (100-320 iirc). I hope I didn't trash that flex :undecided:.

-Mike

jnrpop

whats the beams width or how thin is it compared to the normal acrylic lense? do these 405-G-1 have better beam properties or just allow more 405nm through?
Thanks

jnrpop

Thanks Jay ill look into it! ill let you no asap but the hosts too
Cheers mate
Thanks_Jnrpop