Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mini laser!

Kenom

I've shown you all the host I'm looking to use for my bluray. well I did some modifications today and here it is.

mini3lr0.jpg

mini2nc0.jpg

minigf5.jpg

HeHe now that is a tiny burner. I know I would keep that sucker in my pocket at all times.

Awesome Job.

It just goes to show that with a little thought the posibilities are endless:)
How long does the battery last Kenom....

Delete where not applicable

Seconds
Minutes
Hours
:)

Regards rog8811

Kenom

ya know rog, I've not a clue. Just finished it! so far I've been playing with it for about 20 minutes and it's still cooking.

I'm estimating this thing puts out about 120mw.

He thinks you did a really good job, and wants to have your babies. Or something like that.

Or maybe it's:
Je l'aime... Je l'aime et je le veux!
I like it... I like it and I want it!

BTW are you driving that diode directly off 3 LR44s?

Kenom

I sure am.
the three batts were running about 250ma. Now it dropped pretty quickly. Matter of fact the way it was setup it was really easy to turn on and it sat on in my pocket (dude? what's that red light comin from your winky?) all day and now the batteries are dead! Oh well, i found a 100 of em for $10

Kenom said:
I sure am.
the three batts were running about 250ma. Now it dropped pretty quickly.

I'd have been REALLY scared that when I turned it on the spike would have smoked the LD. .250A...hmmm {Matthew takes off his shoes as he isn't wearing sandals today} That means the internal resistance of the LR44s is less than .25 Ohms each.

Did you have a big low ESR cap on the diode for a softish start?

Kenom said:
Matter of fact the way it was setup it was really easy to turn on and it sat on in my pocket (dude? what's that red light comin from your winky?)

Just be careful that you don't end up with a....um....new piercing :eek:

Kenom

LOL no there isn't enough room in this thing for a cap unless it was surface mount. I'm good at soldering. NOT that good!
I tested it on a led'd laser diode first and saw 250ma. was like??????? that can't be right. this should fire up a GB diode. and it did!

I'm working on that too. cr2025s or 2032s for the first real burning watch laser. Thanks Kenom for the spur to get back to that idea.

Kenom

LOL.  anytime.  You can buy these lights at HARBOR FREIGHT!  $4.99.

oh and ebay is the way to go for these batteries. 100 for $10 shipped. WOW!