Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Meredith 5.6mm adaptor Question

However, plugging these things in the correct way, I can see why you'd need to file down the top of the adapter. Otherwise the diode is a but recessed in the adapter - in addition to the focus problem some of the light may get blocked.

flogged said:
However, plugging these things in the correct way, I can see why you'd need to file down the top of the adapter. Otherwise the diode is a but recessed in the adapter - in addition to the focus problem some of the light may get blocked.

Yea, with my 803T in a meridith glass lens I cant even focus the beam. any suggestions on how to remove a diode from a 5.6mm adapter without trashing it?? Or should I just plug the LD with something removable and file/sand down the top of the adapter?

jayrob said:
[quote author=daguin link=1212443308/0#11 date=1212475505]
With it installed the way you have it pictured, It seems like the diode would be pressed up against the diode retainer and/or the lens!

Peace,
dave

The adapter has a wide bottom, and a narrow top. The top points in the direction of the beam output:
5.6mm adapter.jpg

About getting focus, I have found that it is a good practice to shorten the adapter top (a little) before pressing the LD in place.

Take a look at my notes on the Meredith at the bottom right of this document: ;)
http://www.sonic.net/~jayrob/MXDLHeatsinkTips.doc
Jay[/quote]
Do the red diodes need to be inside the adaptor, also?

TheGr8Revealing said:
Is there a easy way to get a diode into the adapter without having to hammer it in at the expense of ruining the diode? a small vise maybe?

Easiest for me has been with a C-Clamp from a dollar type store. Put adapter on one side and bottom half of a aixiz housing on the other with the legs sticking through the hole in it. Carefully and slowly tighten until flush. It's not as slick as a bench press or vise, but it fits in my kit and is cheap and easy.

Sometimes if one side of the clamp is wobbly I use a spacer to give some stability!

YMMV

artix

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=jayrob link=1212443308/0#12 date=1212476458][quote author=daguin link=1212443308/0#11 date=1212475505]
With it installed the way you have it pictured, It seems like the diode would be pressed up against the diode retainer and/or the lens!

Peace,
dave

The adapter has a wide bottom, and a narrow top. The top points in the direction of the beam output:
5.6mm adapter.jpg

About getting focus, I have found that it is a good practice to shorten the adapter top (a little) before pressing the LD in place.

Take a look at my notes on the Meredith at the bottom right of this document: ;)
http://www.sonic.net/~jayrob/MXDLHeatsinkTips.doc
Jay[/quote]
Do the red diodes need to be inside the adapter, also?[/quote]

Yes ;)