Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Melles Griot omnichrome...on ebay

That's a good thing you asked, googling the model results in some mixed gas setups.

looks like the seller changed his mind...

"Sorry is is 643 would be Ar/Kr
-ckhalcheryl"

So you were correct. :)

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Sold AS-IS, no power cable unable to test...

Those are huge red flags on fleabay for me. You have absolutely no idea what state that laser is in or if it's even functional at all. And if it's simply a pile of scrap parts you have no recourse given that description.

LSRFAQ

The 643 family has a huge glass gas reserve system hooked to the tube, ship them improperly and you end up with a good power supply, some valuable and expensive white light optics, a fan, and a paperweight.

They need to be double boxed, go air ride, and insured.

Best to have a near by friend pick it up and have them ship it correctly.

LICA in the partnumber usually means multiline, mixedgas, custom, for biological sensing, either BGY, RYB, or whitelight.

Steve

Last edited:
Yeah, best to stay away from as-is lasers - especially of the gas variety. That guy is about an hour from home so if nobody bids on it I may pay him a visit later.

That's just like mine....the series 43. It's a white light laser. Awesome unit but anyone who really wants to test it, can, especially if they are asking almost US$500 for it. Selling as untested is a red flag to me too.

I smell a rat, unable to test just because there's no power cord? Compare the starting bid on that to the prices of his other argons and something is not right. If all it took was to rig up a power cord to test it he would have done that. In this case "unable to test" means "tested it and it's broken beyond any hope of repair". I would bet money that the plasma tube is busted.