Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Master Troll or Autistic?

I find it amusing that this forum can't even enjoy funny internet videos without the "ban reflex" kicking in.
:eg:

jclark

I find it amusing that this forum can't even enjoy funny internet videos without the "ban reflex" kicking in.
:eg:

Thank you VERY much RA_p, I was wondering if anyone else thought it was odd that I was getting clobbered for showing interest in this.

jclark

Just follow my posts, LOL. :eg:

I just looked through several of your posts... maybe I am just stupid but I can't find any examples of trolling that stand out. I understand that I might just not understand what real trolling is (so don't waste your breath calling me a noob, I openly admit it) so can someone make it easy on me and post some links to threads they consider to be examples of expert trolling?

And if you think you are trolling me (that may very well be the case) I don't want some smartass link to this thread. :)

jclark

Hey I actually have a question regarding lasers. I have a professor at school who uses a red laser in his presentations, but he is colorblind so it is easy for him to lose its location if he doesn't watch carefully. I mentioned to him that there are lasers of different colors, like violet and blue, and he was really interested. I think I am going to buy him one. You guys are the experts, can you tell me about some pointers that are of decent quality but aren't too expensive in either blue or violet?

(I know this could have been posted in another thread, but I don't know anyone else in this forum and I have gained a liking for some of you who have replied in this thread)

To be honest, I don't really know much about lasers at all, I think they are awesome, but I joined this forum initially out of curiosity. Now I think I am becoming more of a fan after looking through other discussions in the forum.

Last edited:

benmwv

Well i bought my brother a really nice 20mw 405nm laser from o-like. I think 20mw is just about perfect for pointing around ect. Since it's a few times brighter than a standard red, but still not dangerous. Also 405nm will fluoresce on white things like a projector screen, making it a vibrant (and brighter) blue.

I liked the host so much that I sent Susie an email and asked if I could buy just the blank host! I built a phr in it set at 120ma and that was one of my first custom lasers, and to this day it is still one of my favorites.

Unfortunately o-Like doesn't carry that laser in 20mw anymore, 50mw is as small as they go and I personally wouldn't give just anybody a 50mw laser for pointing around... But your in luck because laserlands.com (a reseller of o-Like) still has it in stock!
20mW 405nm Violet/Blue Laser Pointer Pen

jclark

Hey thanks so much for the information! What would be a decent price for a blue or violet 20mw? Can you get different colors in 20mw? See how little I know?

Jclark-- since you seem to be interested in learning about LPF- I have a suggestion for you.

Next time you want to add a new post and YOURS is the last post in the thread just hit 'edit' bottom right and this will allow you to add new stuff.

^^^ Above you have three posts in a row and tho there are all on diff. days you could have just added to your first one instead of making new posts. Some(prolly not you) do this intentionally to bump up thier post count-- that is frowned upon here and you may get a first hand example of being trolled if you keep doing it.

another thing-- there are many posts already here on buying low powered and low cost pen lasers- the search will take you to them- it may seem awkward at first but until you master the art of searching you will just need to keep trying.

I always recommend buying from a member rather than a stranger or from EekBay.

If you dont find what you need in the Pro shop or at BS&T just make a thread there starting with WTB(want to buy) and its is most always cheaper to get several from one seller at the same time as the shipping is generally cheaper if combined .

Last thing --why not edit your profile and add your home city-- there may be a member close to you who can help but we dont know where you are.

this is a free forum
lots of free info
and free help.....So....
Feel FREE to send in a few $$ every month or so to help keep it that way?

...>(*U*)<...hak