Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mario's scanner finally gets a case

As some people may know, for several months my scanner consisted of a jumble of parts hot glued to a wooden project board  ;D

As luck would have it on the way home from the post office I spotted some large electrical equipment at someone's curb and further inspection revealed two Baldwin EA5 amplifiers - probably from an old organ or something. I got them wired up and found one to be perfectly functional, and the second completely dead.

Oh and did I mention these things are made of solid bolted steel? Yeah they weigh a ton. But this is perfect as the dead amplifier would now become the new home of my lasershow system  :D

Pics time:

The amplifier before I began to tear it down
Click Image to Enlarge

A tad dusty
Click Image to Enlarge Image Hosting

The transformer in this thing was huge
Click Image to Enlarge

Completely gutted case
Click Image to Enlarge

Some initial testing and component placement
Click Image to Enlarge

Then just today I went to a local surplus place and got a pound and a half of fine threaded bolts, nuts, washers, and some springs to make some adjustable mounts for lasers and optics so I could finally get past my hot glue obsession  :p
Click Image to Enlarge

Running
Click Image to Enlarge

Front compartment shot
Click Image to Enlarge

Entire overhead shot
Click Image to Enlarge

Still needs some general tidying, but this is basically a long-term project with upgrades coming whenever I get some extra money, my current plans in the works are combining another 803t diode and upgrading the 110mw red to a LOC  :)

Here's a youtube video overview showing me powering up and running the scanner
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBZ4Fys93NU&feature=channel_page[/media]

Kenom

Very nice. I've got an old server case that I may end up doing exactly this with.