Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Manufacturers?

I'm reading all I can here and so far I've only heard mention of 3 [laser pointer] manufactures

Can anyone add to this list >

Leadlight
[sub]www . [/sub]leadlight.com.tw/index.php?

Newwish
[sub]www . [/sub]newwishlaser.com/english/index.htm

CNI
[sub]www . [/sub]cnilaser.com/pointer.htm

Do an any of the retailers actually manufacture or are they basically repackaging & branding? If so which?

T

timelord

Leadlight is a commonl known brand for 5mw green lasers. CNI are a chinese manufacturer that distribute to Dragon lasers and other companies. And finally newish are piles of dangerous junk without IR (infra-red) filters avoid them like the plague. ;)

thought it was found that the Newwish do have IR filters?
LaserPointerForums.com » Lasers » Companies & Reviews » Vavolo Lasers

anyway - are there any others?  that make hand-helds that is... I know there are many others that make industrial lasers, in fact we have a couple of Rofin laser markers where I work - but they are the size of a small car  :)

Someone said laserglow was manufacturing thier own stuff now.. I can't confirm because I've never asked them.. but they are excellent with very stable "very" long runtimes and are out of canada.. it would be worth picking their brain.

S

SenKat

Timelord said:
Leadlight is a commonl known brand for 5mw green lasers. CNI are a chinese manufacturer that distribute to Dragon lasers and other companies. And finally newish are piles of dangerous junk without IR (infra-red) filters avoid them like the plague.  ;)

Sorry to disagree, timelord - but.....Newwish definitely DO have IR filters, I have seen first hand, and Psuedo proved it to be true as well. I cannot say for certain that ALL Newwish lasers are filtered - but everyone I have run across has been. I have owned - sold/given away/destroyed/ etc....close to 10 seperate Newwish lasers now...all IR filtered.

S

SenKat

kenrok1 said:
I'm reading all I can here and so far I've only heard mention of 3 [laser pointer] manufactures

Can anyone add to this list >

Leadlight
[sub]www . [/sub]leadlight.com.tw/index.php?

Newwish
[sub]www . [/sub]newwishlaser.com/english/index.htm

CNI
[sub]www . [/sub]cnilaser.com/pointer.htm

Do an any of the retailers actually manufacture or are they basically repackaging & branding? If so which?

Wicked Lasers SUPPOSEDLY makes their own lasers now - they used to be a CNI retailer like most others, but CNI had a quality control issue a while back (I heard) and that made Wicked switch - Or they ticked off CNI - no idea there....CNI lasers have had no issues that I have seen - with the exception of the oddball one-offs that you will see anyplace, so I would reccomend their products.

Lol!.... yea but making your own lasers should not be the only prerequisite..... they need to work too!...

A member was Banned by 2007 who posted in many very old threads. After His ban He was listed as the last poster to the thread, however His posts did not show up. Whenever you opened the thread it would not remove it the NEW Posts list. I talked with Dave and it was determined the board was experiencing a glitch. The only way to remove it from the new posts list was to post in the thread, and that removed His Ghost Posts.

Hope this helps explain things.