Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

making fog

potassium nitrate is perfectly safe- schools are allowed to use it ffs. the most harmful product of a sugar and KNO3 reaction would be K2CO3 which I would not recommend breathing in but like with most chemicals is isn't just one breath and you die.

sugar and kno3 can be melted in a crucible or pan- the you leave it to cool- then ignite the tablet outside when ready.

Things said:
Oh gawd. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT MAKE YOUR OWN FOG JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you screw it up ( which is not very hard at all!), it WILL poison you, and ANYONE else exposed to the fog. Heat the juice to much, and once again, its toxic. Stay with fog in a can, a store bought fog machine + GOOD BOUGHT fog juice, or a chemical mixture made purposly for making fog/smoke. Use anything else and you will find yourself on the floor dead. Trust me, i have seen what happens to people when they use home made fog juice, or a home made fog machine, the result... NO GOOD!!! If you can afford a laser, you surely can afford a fog machine. Don't risk your health, people have done it, and it is very dangerous!

who ever said anything about making their own fog juice?

lol, Persian new years eve last night! its like the Persian Christmas. We dont celebrate christmas, but we get "presents" on new years (persian new years). so, last night I came in contact with a lump of money. paid off my fog machine, and when I added a little to the top, I bought a cheap, beginner bass guitar. me happy!

I made some r-candy last night. I love the stuff! very clean, almost no residue left behind, lots of smoke, and a pink flame! I didnt add Fe2O3, so I got a burn rate of 11 seconds per inch. I lit a bit just now, and the rocket shot up very high, and it left a BIG trail of smoke. then I just lit one that was not inside any kind of rocket, and yes, it does make a good smoke bomb! its just harder to make than the regular KNO3+sugar.

my r-candy:
60grams KNO3
30 grams sugar
15.5g karo syrup
60mL water

I mix it together, then heat it up on an ELECTRIC SKILLET (OUTSIDE), at around med-high temp. After all the sugar+KNO3+karo dissolves in the water, it starts to boil. stir constantly. eventually, all the water will bubble and boil away, leaving you with this custard like stuff. KEEP STIRRING!! stir constantly, and after a while of stirring, the stuff will start to get playdough like, and it will be harder to stir it. once you think it looks done, take a small sample (CAREFUL, ITS HOT!!), roll it up into a ball, and smash it flat. it should cool down, and harden. if it doesnt harden, its not ready. if it does harden, try to snap it in half. if it bends, its not ready. if it snaps, its ready. take it out, put it on a suface, and turn the stove off.

form it into the shapes you want, like cylinders for rockets, and set it aside. dont forget to make a cylinder 1inch long and (I forget the diameter, look it up on youtube) for a burn rate test. Store anything you dont want to use right away in an AIRTIGHT container. this stuff loves moisture, and if left out it will ruin.

and there you have it!

honestly, if i didnt have a fogger i would buy a 10-pack of the cheapest cigarettes, light and leave in the ashtray.
u could always ration them and use the same cig atleast 3/4 times.
nothing better than smoke :D

Switch

darklandz said:
honestly, if i didnt have a fogger i would buy a 10-pack of the cheapest cigarettes, light and leave in the ashtray.
u could always ration them and use the same cig atleast 3/4 times.
nothing better than smoke  :D
I use my ashtray :D I burn some pieces of plastic.The problem is that I have to wear goggles and a mask because it kinda hurts my eyes and makes it hard to breathe...and you can still feel the smell the next day. :-/

Attachments

• 1111111111111111111.JPG
    1111111111111111111.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 144
lol ok just go buy a cheap fog machine from target, i got mine at spencers for $40 and it works great

BlueFusion said:
H2SO4 = sulfuric acid. You can get that at hardware stores along with HCL. :p

anybody who has taken a day of chemistry knows H2SO4 is sulfuric acid.

what I didnt know is that home depot sells H2SO4 along with hydrochloric acid?? I don't know about AU, but the people in the hardware stores near me do not even know what heat shrink tubing is...

Switch

FireMyLaser said:
Black smoke = not ideal for beam visibility or health  ;D.
It's not that black when it's all over the room, besides I only did it once or twice to take some shots :p Unfortunately for me ,fog machines are more rare and more expensive here.

MarioMaster said:
lol ok just go buy a cheap fog machine from target, i got mine at spencers for $40 and it works great

costumediscounters.com fog machine $18

musiciansfriend.com fog juice cheap