Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

making fog

rlp92

what do people without fog machines use to create fog indoors
Gonna make a good laser vid and im gonna need some fog to make beam show up good

Thanks

incense and just lighting matches is fairly common, some people also use the "fog in a can" aerosol sprays

rlp92

any candles make it so the beam show? cause i got some regular candles

rlp92 said:
any candles make it so the beam show? cause i got some regular candles

just burning candles doesn't really make much smoke/fog, but if you light it and repeatedly blow it out you could make smoke that way

rlp92

are incense sticks those wooden sticks that are dipped in a jar of oil???
Do you light em? :eek:

rlp92 said:
are incense sticks those wooden sticks that are dipped in a jar of oil???
Do you light em? :eek:

i'm not sure exactly what incense sticks are made from, but yes they are the thin wooden sticks you burn and it releases smoke and the smell of whatever oil was used to make it

rlp92

well if anyone finds a website giving away free insence sticks, let me know ;)

why don't you just buy a fog machine? i have like 3. i only usually use them around Halloween though. You can buy a decent one for like 20-30 bucks. but my best one cost me like 100

rlp92

mabe round haloween ill buy a fog machine..
will be kool to shine laser around halloween ::)

For quick smoke buy some powdered stump remover and mix it with sugar 50/50. Light it and you will have a ton of smoke.

Edit: Oops, just realized you need it indoors. Light a few matches, you would be surprised how much smoke a few matches can make.

JSP4th

yellow pages for "dry ice" its cheap and it lays low to the ground and makes for some sweet laser effects---also has no smell and doesn't leave dust / residue all over your lens/computer...ect

dry ice just makes a watery kind of vapor, doesn't really hang in the air like incense/fog machine fog does

JSP4th

yah but point the laser just above the fog with a liquid sky lens.....you ever see a laser man?....you ever see a laser---on weed man!

styropyro said:
For quick smoke buy some powdered stump remover and mix it with sugar 50/50. Light it and you will have a ton of smoke.

Edit: Oops, just realized you need it indoors. Light a few matches, you would be surprised how much smoke a few matches can make.

erhmn... a BADLY proportioned KNO3 smoke bomb would certainly SCREW your house over LOL!!!

first of all, if you dont heat it over a stove and melt it all together, you will have a LOT of this white, hot residue going around, something HARD to clean. it also has a HOT and BIG flame... and have fun trying to get the smoke out...

BTW, its 3 parts KNO3, 2 parts Sugar. brown sugar works best. if you are doing it over a stove, add around .5 to 1 part baking soda/powder, it slows combustion and results in more smoke. Also, if doing over stove, powdered dye may be added for effects.

I suggest making this stuff OUTSIDE on an ELECTRIC SKILLET!!! trust me, I have tried a gas stove, LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE PLEASE!!! I almost blew up the propane tank, and almost lit the house on fire!

KNO3 = potassium nitrate = grants stump remover = salt peter (stump remover has small amounts of KNO3)

I get my KNO3 from ebay. preety cheap.

also, dont inhale the stuff. 2 reasons why:

Your heart will stop beating if you get too much of it

and

it is known to halt and nullify the male sex drive.... (I read this somewhere on some voodo/potions site) maybe it does it by killing you? ;D ;D

regards,

amk

NOW, back on topic. I would also love to know how to make a DIY smoke machine

amkdeath said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1205801947/0#10 date=1205804637]For quick smoke buy some powdered stump remover and mix it with sugar 50/50. Light it and you will have a ton of smoke.

erhmn... a BADLY proportioned KNO3 smoke bomb would certainly SCREW your house over LOL!!!

first of all, if you dont heat it over a stove and melt it all together, you will have a LOT of this white, hot residue going around, something HARD to clean. it also has a HOT and BIG flame... and have fun trying to get the smoke out...

BTW, its 3 parts KNO3, 2 parts Sugar. brown sugar works best. if you are doing it over a stove, add around .5 to 1 part baking soda/powder, it slows combustion and results in more smoke. Also, if doing over stove, powdered dye may be added for effects.

I suggest making this stuff OUTSIDE on an ELECTRIC SKILLET!!! trust me, I have tried a gas stove, LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE PLEASE!!! I almost blew up the propane tank, and almost lit the house on fire!

KNO3 = potassium nitrate = grants stump remover = salt peter (stump remover has small amounts of KNO3)

I get my KNO3 from ebay. preety cheap.

also, dont inhale the stuff. 2 reasons why:

Your heart will stop beating if you get too much of it

and

it is known to halt and nullify the male sex drive.... (I read this somewhere on some voodo/potions site) maybe it does it by killing you? ;D ;D

regards,

amk

NOW, back on topic. I would also love to know how to make a DIY smoke machine[/quote]

1. Don't do it inside on the stove.
2. Don't add baking soda.
3. Don't add dye, KNSU burns way to hot for any dyes to vaporise.
4. The smoke is non-toxic, it wont kill you.
5. It does not affect the male sex drive, thats a myth.
6. KNSU is pretty inert, you could probably eat it and be fine.

Using a 60/35/5 ratio of sucrose / dextrose, potassium nitrate, paraffin wax and a dash of water mix together well and heat it slowly *outside* until it starts coming together. Be sure to spoon it out before the sugar caramelizes as that will greatly affect performance. Do not add bi-carb, this just makes it crap, if you want add +2 parts red iron oxide for greater burning speed.

Its a pretty crap smoke composition, remove the iron oxide and paraffin and it makes decent rocket fuel.

Just buy a roll of visco fuse and cut off 2" pieces and use those, cheaper and it smells better :)