Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Make your own laser goggles!!!

Thank you , you get what im saying, they are cost effective goggles if you have friends over and dont whana cash out 60 a pop! itll protect them from diffusion and monetary direct contact! Nice find man!

After some more testing I would say these would be ok for friends watching from a distance. 5 feet +
http://www.barbizon.com/catalog/index.cfm?Series=2&brand=37&BrandTitle=Gels/Filters in Sheets  gels in sheets
congo blue is #382 trans. .56%
data:
Untitled-1.jpg

I changed my tune because all original tests were at less than 8 inches. At 5 feet you can hardly see a dot.

Ty for the testing! ;D im going to order some of this stuff. :D Good job jonrobert +1 Almost totaly blocks 500 - 650, seems like it blocked lower on the spectrum too.

There are several other colors that block these colors, one blocks under 0% I will post pics of these soon and thank you for the rep.

Until someone with a power meter who knows what they're doing actually shows that these are safe to use in any way, I'm not even going to bother.

Things like these give you a false sense of security and because of that can be more dangerous than using no goggles whatsoever.

Sorry to be a party pooper and all, but it's just that insurance companies value the use of an eye at $10,000,000... I just don't get why people seem to think it's not worth $50.

lol, as i said befor, these are for bystanders, around 4-8 ft away where there is a slight chance of them getting hit, im not going to out of pocket over 500 for a small event for friends, if i cant get soemthing thats disposable and will protect for rouge diffusion and beam then good, if this hasent been stated by me already then, these are for stuff like parties and such! Not for everyday use for building and such, just as disposables for like one time uses, not to be confused for the good googles ;D Connor ;D

DayOfShadows said:
lol, as i said befor, these are for bystanders, around 4-8 ft away where there is a slight chance of them getting hit, im not going to out of pocket over 500 for a small event for friends, if i cant get soemthing thats disposable and will protect for rouge diffusion and beam then good, if this hasent been stated by me already then, these are for stuff like parties and such! Not for everyday use  for building and such, just as disposables for like one time uses, not to be confused for the good googles ;D Connor ;D

good point, these can be used by your friends when showing them your lasers

You will need professional goggles when you work on your laser though  ::) Thanks for understanding ;D

Someone send me a meter and I will be happy to test this stuff.  ;D LOL J/K
But as far as that goes if someone wants to use this stuff fine, better than nothing.
With my tests so far I have found a few that show nothing, no dot, nada.
And here's the one below 0%transmission around 620-645nm:
Untitled-1-1.jpg

But for the same price as 2 disposable pair you can get 1 BLPS off of eBay for permanent protection.

seriously though someone with a meter pm me with an address and I will send you some Congo blue to test for us. 1.5x.5 in piece work.

it would cost about $5 a pair so i think its a good deal  ::) ;D, if some one does test this , tell us time of protection from direct and indirect contact! ;DConnor ;D

video :

If I were to use this, which I might, I would get the dollar store, most transparent, mirrored front glasses, then put this behind them on the lenses.
EDIT focus is at infinity lol i have no sleep for 26 hours now TIME FOR BED
Video was not as dark b4 upload sorry

one direct hit from a laser with some decent power and there would be a hole in that stuff.

the lenses in my safety glasses are glass and the actual glass is colored, it's not just a coating on the outside. It's the same for plastic laser safety glasses, it's not just s coating -- the actual plastic is dyed. Like I said, any good amount of power hits that film and you can say bye to your eyes. Is this better than nothing? Of course. Just don't try to sell these as laser protection or else you're in for a big lawsuit.

Goggles with real (and changeable) glass lenses that are certified and everything can be had on ebay for as low as $10. They are big lab-looking goggles and are surplus gear, but they are superb protection.

K

Kris.J

This thread should be retitled to "Destroy your own retinas!".

Gooey,,,
i have been looking for a pair of those goggles just as you descrided, havent seen a pair of them on ebay yet.
i have seen alot of goggles/glasses available, but not like what you describe with the interchangeable glass lenses. so seriously, if you can direct me to some like that it would be great great.

thanks.
lf