Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Make your own flourescent dye!!

Switch

Just refresh the page, it should eventually load.That's pretty cool but it seems a little too DUH to actually make instructions for it ::) The invisible ink fro united nuclear should be amazing under longwave UV stuffs. :D Anyone care to try it? :p

[quote author=pseudolobster link=1213824352/0#6 date=1213836700]As luck would have it, liquid LSD is also fluorescent... so if you don't have any highlighters, but happen to have thousands of dollars worth of pure liquid LSD laying around, you can use that instead.

:-X :cool: ::)

daguin

usakicksass said:
[quote author=pseudolobster link=1213824352/0#6 date=1213836700]As luck would have it, liquid LSD is also fluorescent... so if you don't have any highlighters, but happen to have thousands of dollars worth of pure liquid LSD laying around, you can use that instead.

:-X :cool: ::)

**runs to go check!**

Switch said:
Just refresh the page, it should eventually load.That's pretty cool but it seems a little too DUH to actually make instructions for it ::) The invisible ink fro united nuclear should be amazing under longwave UV stuffs. :D Anyone care to try it? :p
Probably works with blu-ray. I might try it.

well i think if im correct if ya have the flourescent dye could you put tht on the lens of a laser and see if it changes the color like for ex.if its red put some yellow dye on the lens and make it orange idk im just guessing but it seems interesting

-xxkillxx :cool:

xxkillxx said:
well i think if im correct if ya have the flourescent dye could you put tht on the lens of a laser and see if it changes the color like for ex.if its red put some yellow dye on the lens and make it orange idk im just guessing but it seems interesting

-xxkillxx :cool:
Hate to pop your balloon (see the reference? ;D)

But... probably not...

nah, you could do it. but i dont think it will make the beam or dot orange, as the only part that will fluoresce will be the lens surface coated with the fluorescent paint.

daguin

I just had an epiphany!

In my front room I have a 200 gal. aquarium. It is 2'x2'x8'. There are no fish in it, because that wall doesn't have electricity in it yet. I need to upgrade the panel in order to add the circuits needed. I'll bet I can make the water in it, fluoresce along the laser beam, without the color being noticeable in the water. I have class tonight, but I'm gonna get it done sometime this week.

Look for pics :)

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
I just had an epiphany!

In my front room I have a 200 gal. aquarium. It is 2'x2'x8'. There are no fish in it, because that wall doesn't have electricity in it yet. I need to upgrade the panel in order to add the circuits needed. I'll bet I can make the water in it, fluoresce along the laser beam, without the color being noticeable in the water. I have class tonight, but I'm gonna get it done sometime this week.

Look for pics :)

Peace,
dave
wouldn't highlighter kill fish tho... or are you planning on not having fish in it?

daguin

motorider826 said:
wouldn't highlighter kill fish tho... or are you planning on not having fish in it?

I'm already planning on sterilizing the tank before I populate it. Right now it has very high chemical levels to keep it clear without adequate filtration. When it comes time to populate it, this will not be an issue.

Peace,
dave