Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mainely Lases - Nathan Ricker problem/inquiry

BeamDump

I wished him the best as well, hope he'll be alright. If he'd just say straight up that he needed time to make the lasers (on his ebay item nothing was ever mentioned and photos suggested he already had the build products ready to go) or maybe even additional funds, i'd be fine with that and would help out. Instead it was some half-assed approach, that's what i'm disappointing with. That and of-course loosing a month of time waiting on nothing.

GSS

I hear you 100%:)
What ever the reason you just wanted the truth.. The only 1 negative on ebay was very slow shipping. but I don't think thats the case here.

Encap

Good to hear you got a least the money part/refund sorted out.

Perhaps it will arrive.
Maybe is that he gave it to the Post Office but they neglected to scan it in however that it would not be scanned at any other location as it moved through the system is unlikely.

Am surprised that he didn't offer to ship you a replacement if the first one doesn't arrive within 30 days or so.

Ricker has not posted anything in his Mainly Lasers Buy, Sell and Trade thread since 2017--maybe he is not doing it much anymore.

Reactions: GSS

BeamDump

Refund is pending, probably because it's coming from his bank account but at least he issued it.
Thank you for the assistance/advice to everyone. Now maybe i can browse and see who's offering what around here. :)

Reactions: GSS

BeamDump

Didn't close the dispute and might be for good reason too. Refund is still pending, even though it's already went past the expected clearing date.
In over a decade of using paypal, never did i had a pending refund before.
If one was issued, it would immediately be completed and take 3 days to return to my card.

Attachments

• 2019-11-30.png
    2019-11-30.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 10

BeamDump

Yup and i would like to use that money to buy another laser from a forum member here. Still pending...

Could be due to the holiday, but I wouldn't assume anything. I have never been stiffed by PayPal before so you will likely get it eventually.

Hi,
I hope everything works out for you, Just maybe he doesn't have enough funds in the kitty to send your money back . Its a shame you have to wait this long, when your in this hobby and selling to customer you need to have the cash in the business for times like this regardless .
Rich:)
I have purchased from this vendor before with no issues at all , from my dealings with him all were satisfactory .

Last edited:

BeamDump

Thanks, words of encouragement there. Hope everything will resolve fine. For now my refund is still pending. This is of course causing some frustration. Could have already sent those funds to a different seller for a different laser.

BeamDump

No quite the contrary. I asked him about the status of the refund. He replied that the money was taken out of his bank account to pay for the paypal echeck/refund. That and his laser came back to him. Apparently because never signed or dated the customs papers...

GSS

No quite the contrary. I asked him about the status of the refund. He replied that the money was taken out of his bank account to pay for the paypal echeck/refund. That and his laser came back to him. Apparently because never signed or dated the customs papers...
My wrong for thinking that..and I apologize to Ricker.. but still don't get why?

sorry to hear this.... NATHAN is a good member here...
Lifetime rich is a good choice. JETLASERS ships fast and also has excellent products.

Two things.... I never post a tracking number.. bad people can use it to divert your goods and sellers are not going to help if your item was delivered then stolen (happens a LOT) instead send your track# to a vet here in a PM. The replies you got came from some of our best members-- PM any of them if you need.

AND when posting after yourself just use edit instead of another post (called double posts)

good luck----hak