Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Magnets + Lasers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLSE

I cant wait for this generation to die and haunt! There are gonna be a bunch of paranormal reports of green, red, and blue dots lighting matches. I know if I came back to haunt, there wouldnt be a lantern with a candle in my hands ;D

There is an explanation. It's BS! Look into it. It has been proven to NOT be fact.
I agree, this 20-whatever grams, (many different weights as it is retold), of lost-weight after death was creating by a single man, without any documentation, and perpetuated for several decades now, right here as we watch even. ;D
It is compelling to believe this sort of thing, I will admit, but so far, has no truth to it what-so-ever. If this were science, it would be a whole new brach. Try to find out where this info comes from, and the piers that have reviewed and reproduced this info, you will not likley find anything except for conflicting and wild claims by people with an agenda.
I am not trying to step on anyones toes, but this is definetly information that at best is highly suspect, and at worst, was originally an outright-lie, (in the 1970's I beleive).
Approach all information skeptically- "exceptional claims require exceptional eveidence". ;)
As we aquire information so much more quickly, we also aquire mis-information more quickly. We must use thick filters. Think about all of the urban-myths that are total crap. Open-mind is very good, but a "container", (as in a mind), without "walls" is just a puddle of water on the counter, not very useful.
How did this get here from magnets interaction with laser-beams? :-/
Dark Horse

dont know

the same as you can get this picture:

Rocket_Propelled_Chainsaw.jpg

maybe we ended the discussion?

but there are still some things unanswered

Ace82

nikokapo said:
[quote author=likewhat link=1210459881/60#61 date=1210614062]Ok, this topic is done,moderator move it to the philosophy forum.

dont bash our thread!!

we are discussing STUFF! [/quote]

Nice! I was going to reply but I decided to let it go. ;D

nikokapo said:
ace, i still dont believe (i am sharing opinions also) in the fact that there is something "material" (if we adjust energy to have mass) that "lives" inside our bodies and escapes when we die, just because if it's energy then it doesn't have knowledge to know how to return to that source you say.
my justification would be that you cannot CREATE energy, just transform it. so for every child born you should then create the soul/energy for that newborn child.
if you say that the mother transfers that energy to "create the new soul"....then: there are no studies of a mother losing X grams for the transferred energy (if it had weight).
how can it escape the body and retain shape? (or not) dunno...but i still dont believe in it..

life exists because of the mighty Friction!
if there was no friction, nothing could exist. (p <--> q :D:D!!)

As far as you saying energy has no knowledge, as to be it’s own entity to know where to go, is not what I meant. I mean more like a magnet’s energy is attracted to another magnet, has no knowledge to go itself. It is a natural characteristic, like gravity. About the mother losing “soul” weight for giving life, is like you said, energy cannot be created. So, does a windmill create electricity? No, it transforms from another source of energy (wind) using friction. The “energy plane” is where the wind comes from, where the sun comes from, where friction is able to exist because you need energy before you can have friction. So nothing can exist without energy! (What came first, the chicken or the egg?) So as a baby is born, it’s soul, it’s life, it’s body is like the windmill, transforming energy from the “energy plane” to this physical one. And if you where to reverse the windmill, you have a fan, giving energy to make wind. So when you die, the energy like a magnet, like gravity (or perhaps the complete opposite of) gets taken back by the “energy plane”.

I believe that the magnet itself will have no effect on a laser or any type of light for that matter. However, I feel as if the energetic connection between the electricity of the magnet (magnetic field) and the photons (light radiation) of a laser possibly using other materials could create some extraordinary devices.

nikokapo said:
and again: why is Tesla presented in such small numbers? (yes, small is relative..)
:)

I’m sure there’s a logical justifiable explanation. I just don’t yet know what it is! :p

Ace82

Dark_Horse said:
There is an explanation.  It's BS!  Look into it.  It has been proven to NOT be fact.  
I agree, this 20-whatever grams, (many different weights as it is retold), of lost-weight after death was creating by a single man, without any documentation, and perpetuated for several decades now, right here as we watch even. ;D
It is compelling to believe this sort of thing, I will admit, but so far, has no truth to it what-so-ever. If this were science, it would be a whole new brach. Try to find out where this info comes from, and the piers that have reviewed and reproduced this info, you will not likley find anything except for conflicting and wild claims by people with an agenda.
I am not trying to step on anyones toes, but this is definetly information that at best is highly suspect, and at worst, was originally an outright-lie, (in the 1970's I beleive).
Approach all information skeptically- "exceptional claims require exceptional eveidence". ;)
As we aquire information so much more quickly, we also aquire mis-information more quickly. We must use thick filters. Think about all of the urban-myths that are total crap. Open-mind is very good, but a "container", (as in a mind), without "walls" is just a puddle of water on the counter, not very useful.
How did this get here from magnets interaction with laser-beams? :-/
Dark Horse

I highly respect the intelligence of this post. The water analogy is great! I was only trying to present a conception of energy in general in relevance to light (some believe your soul is light) having mass. I had no idea that it would stir up this thread into a philosophy / fact battle. However, with no attempt of stepping on yours or anybody else’s toes, I say that some people lack imagination, confined in a container only capable of holding a given capacity, once full overflows. An open mind is free to expand and exchange. :)

Book

Hell, I don't have a permission to post a link in this site?! And my whole post was ruined due to this?! Sh*t I don't even remember what I had written!

Anyway, Ace82 being open-minded is obviously a good thing, and scientific progress has grown thanks to such people, who would always question what's being said or taken for granted. However, you do seem to use some poorly defined (at least in the context of your posts) terms, like energy, soul or electricity (which BTW has a well defined meaning).

I'm not going to rewrite what I had previously written in this little box (the board wouldn't accept my post because it contained a link...), but in order to really talk accurately and yield anything productive, you need to stick with strict definitions; one may not hold the kind of idea you hold about what a soul is, or why it would weight a certain amount of grams (!), so the result can only confuse more.

Anyway, back to the original question, theoretically ANY object WILL interfere with the PATH of light because of its gravity field (more broadly the gravitational waves it produces). However magnetism is not responsible for this, this is because of gravity. I'm not sure if magnetism could interfere in any similar way with light (though I'm not sure).

If you're interested to see how gravitational waves distort space, and how the most powerful and precise lasers along with the most high-tech optics and mirrors ever build aid in the detection of such interferences, then follow this link:
ht*p://videos.howstuffworks[dot]com/national-science-foundation/820-einsteins-messengers-video.htm

OR, google "LIGO".

Ace82

Book said:
Hell, I don't have a permission to post a link in this site?! And my whole post was ruined due to this?! Sh*t I don't even remember what I had written!

Anyway, Ace82 being open-minded is obviously a good thing, and scientific progress has grown thanks to such people, who would always question what's being said or taken for granted. However, you do seem to use some poorly defined (at least in the context of your posts) terms, like energy, soul or electricity (which BTW has a well defined meaning).

I'm not going to rewrite what I had previously written in this little box (the board wouldn't accept my post because it contained a link...), but in order to really talk accurately and yield anything productive, you need to stick with strict definitions; one may not hold the kind of idea you hold about what a soul is, or why it would weight a certain amount of grams (!), so the result can only confuse more.

Yeah, and if you where to have read one of my prior posts, you would see that I already acknowledged that. Like I keep saying, it is only an IDEA. The bible I suppose has similar intent (explaining ideas) however better defined? I believe I put forth enough effort for the cause. Perhaps it's in the eye of the beholder.

P.S. - I usually use word doc then copy paste to post.

I highly respect the intelligence of this post. The water analogy is great! I was only trying to present a conception of energy in general in relevance to light (some believe your soul is light) having mass. I had no idea that it would stir up this thread into a philosophy / fact battle. However, with no attempt of stepping on yours or anybody else’s toes, I say that some people lack imagination, confined in a container only capable of holding a given capacity, once full overflows. An open mind is free to expand and exchange.
Thanks for the complement :)
I agree about the open mind, without freely dreaming we would have no way to form a hypothisis, this is the first stage. Next, however, you must make claims based on this hypothesis that are able to be disproved through experiment, (in science nothing can ever be proved, only disproved). In this second stage and beyond, you are working to limit the "open-mindedness", otherwise you need to satrt over at the begining with a new hypothesis-prediction-test cycle. It is all just a matter of what stage you are at as to what sort of thinking is appropriate ;). It all starts with dreaming, something I think we can all agree on. The next question, how do you test your hypothesis?
I did not see this as a battle, just some talking between somewhat like-minded indivduals, all open-minded, working together to come up with new dreams to persue, and test ;D, thank you for listening to my thoughts.
Back to the original question:
I am not an expert, but...was it not Eistien that first stated that light acts as both a wave and a particle, and this behavior is confined by the formula E=MC2? :-?
In a Cathode-Ray-Tube, (like a Television), I thought the 3-different colors of light that "paint" the inside of your screen are actully controlled by a magnetic field, (the color-guns). I thought there were no moving parts here, just a controlled-magnetic field, created with a coil? Not sure though, my guess would be that laser-light would be influenced by a magnetic-field also. :-?
Dark Horse

That's what I like about this forum... From Physics to Metaphysics and back again... ;D

BTW, I believe a cathode ray tube produces an electron beam, which is directed by the magnetic coils to scan a grid of Red, Green and Blue phosphors, thereby creating the image. The beam is modulated by the signal from the tuner. 0% electons = no colour for that pixel, 100% electrons = full brightness. (See diagram below)

Attachments

• Cathode_ray_tube.png
    Cathode_ray_tube.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 348

phenol

In a Cathode-Ray-Tube, (like a Television), I thought the 3-different colors of light that "paint" the inside of your screen are actully controlled by a magnetic field, (the color-guns). I thought there were no moving parts here, just a controlled-magnetic field, created with a coil? Not sure though, my guess would be that laser-light would be influenced by a magnetic-field also.
these would actually be 3 electron guns. the magnetic field of the coils deflect those electron beams. in most CRT oscilloscopes the electron beam is deflected by means of electric field /by passing the beam between the plates of a capacitor/.

i'm not gonna quote EVERYTHING but i'm gonna answer what i think is correct, for the people who have been reading the whole thread it will be understandable :p

ace, this is not a battle. just sharing ideas, if not we'd be trying to make the other one think as we wanted..

k, now, just for this:
And if you where to reverse the windmill, you have a fan, giving energy to make wind. So when you die, the energy like a magnet, like gravity (or perhaps the complete opposite of) gets taken back by the [ch8220]energy plane[ch8221].

i think you have some incorrect thoughts here,
because we never stated that souls give us energy to do anything

what you said there could be translated to this topic as: our souls give us energy so we can give energy to our souls.(or something like that, you know what i mean).

and as far as i learned at high school, CRT's work as CC explained, there are no "moving" parts, just electrons creating a scan through all the phosphor screen (25 times per second).

:D

today we started discussing with my english teacher and friends (1 hour and a half ago) about souls & stuff.....she eventually came with that thing of: (i'm sure you've heard a similar story) "once there was a guy who had cancer....and that incurable hyper-mega-cancer (lol not like that but just to clarify) where you ARE gonna die.....he was taken to Salta (a province in Argentina) where it is known that there's an old lady that can cure you....and indeed that's how it happened, he went there, got "cured" by the lady and he didnt die" another one "when i was little (something that happened to HER) i got my leg burnt, i was taken to the (sorry IDK how u say it in english, we call it a "Curandero"...its a person who is thought to have mircalous curating powers..), she pat my back and i instantly stopped feeling pain....it really happened"

we discussed about this during the whole class length......i do NOT agree or believe in ANYTHING that was said above, not because i'm stubborn, but i dont accept the fact that somebody can cure you with a pat on the back, there HAS to be a logical/scientifical explanation..

we discussed about this during the whole class length......i do NOT agree or believe in ANYTHING that was said above, not because i'm stubborn, but i dont accept the fact that somebody can cure you with a pat on the back, there HAS to be a logical/scientifical explanation..
I totally agree, I think "Chuck" would approve ;D

Ace82

I would just like to say that this is a good thread. :)

I was only attempting to explain a concept, an idea, that energy itself should be a state of matter, like liquids, solids, and gas. And my little poor explanation of why is very vague. But that’s also because I like to leave question to present this concept to the minds of others, and let them gather what they will. And through energy, I believe magnets and lasers could form new technology because energy is what connects the magnet to the light.

So to say, “I do not believe”, does that mean that you have concluded it to be false, or that you simply have no reason to believe until it is proven? Because after all, don’t we mostly have the ability to choose what and what not to believe? As human beings, we are terrible judges. We are not God’s with the ability to see the truth in every single thing in existence. There are many things in this world that can be considered mystical. My theory or “belief” is based on personal experiences, which can be explained very easily now, and it isn’t even my phrase! “More then meets the eye”.

Nikakapo, you of all people know the Force is real! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.