Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Magnetic putty + Laser burning

Thats really nice! I'd love to get a gopro cam but its a bit pricey! Been eyeing one for a while.

The ar drone has a camera with direct camera feed to the phone. Just need to buy an app that can record the stream

The ar drone also comes pre assembled and is slightly cheaper.

And dam, Warners Bay looks awesome!

Fiddy

thanks bru!

My mate has a AR Drone on the iphone, its got the altimeter and all that.

but they dont go as high as the gaui, they have a motor on gears that are about quarter size as the gaui motors and the gaui has direct driven props.

in the video i was at half throttle and it was just a little dot in the sky when you look at it from the ground lol

Still alot of fun :)

What an odd collection of videos. I like them all!

Maybe you should attach a laser to the AR drone, and attach a magnet, and then fly over the putty and pick it up, then turn the laser on and use it to light some matches, so we can have a video of all 3!

On a serious note, if the power runs out on the flying machine while it's in the air, does it fall to the ground and die or does it drop gracefully?

What an odd collection of videos. I like them all!

Maybe you should attach a laser to the AR drone, and attach a magnet, and then fly over the putty and pick it up, then turn the laser on and use it to light some matches, so we can have a video of all 3!

On a serious note, if the power runs out on the flying machine while it's in the air, does it fall to the ground and die or does it drop gracefully?

Thank you! The videos were all posted at the same time because they were new toys to me. And since this is a laser forum I needed to have 1 burning vid =P

I am so trying the laser to the AR drone! I think it is possible! maybe without the putty. just the laser and match haha

On the HUD on the phone it displays the battery %. If it goes into battery critical, the next time it lands it wont let you take off again. If you are flying and then go into low battery it will give you a warning then at like 5% it will give a "low battery critical" and initiate the landing sequence which uses the ultrasonic sensors on the bottom to land softly

Wow. Nice peice of kit. I heard that helicopters drift down slowly if their rotors suddenly cease function in mid air, so I was wondering if it was the same with this thing. How much do they cost?

And, the laser might be awkward to use in combination with the flying machine since the flying machine probably doesn't stay steady enough. But it'd be cool even if you couldn't burn anything. Maybe have it facing downwards, like a tractor beam.

The whole "kit" ar drone costs around $350 AUD and then the android app is free on the market.

The controls are actually quite precise and I think it could work. Will try it soon and post back how it went =D

Fiddy

Mine has a soft cut which isn't soft....it cuts 2 rotors and thing flips over upside down and plummets to the ground. :(

happened once, now i fly with a timer that gives a safe flight time.

Blade

man! thats awesome! now i want one to put my laser on! :drool: i guess thats one more thing to add to my future bill! :rolleyes:... and maybe i'll put some LEDs to make it look like a UFO at night! :crackup: