Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mabuhay from the Philippines!

empty

Hello LPF! My name is Mark and I'm from the Philippines (hence the title). I stumbled on this site while helping a friend find out some info on green lasers.

I have always been fascinated by lasers. My dad is a shooter and had a laser sight on one of his guns, that was the first laser I got my hands on. This was maybe 20 years ago. it was a big thing that looked like three fat cigars side by side, it ran on two 9v batteries.:) Until recently all I have ever tinkered with are the usual 1-5mW laser pointers or laser sights.

Anything made in China eventually finds its way into local thrift shops so green laser pens have become available here. Thats what prompted my buddy and I to look online for more info on these wonderful new toys.

I was overwhelmed by the amount of information on LPF, I spent several hours a day reading various reviews and forums (particularly the safety section). I have now ordered three lasers, one each from O-like, DX and Focalprice as well as glasses and some batteries. I intentionally tried several companies to get a feel of how the shipping would be to the Philippines. Hopefully they all get here safe over the next couple of weeks.

When a new hobby hits me I tend to jump into it quick so I also looked locally for a nice greenie. I found someone selling a <100mW pen style laserpointer for the equivalent of $26. Its probably not 100mW but the beam is nice and bright, clearly visible at night and still observable in a lit room.:beer: I got a lens from a dvd drive to focus the beam and it lights matches in a second.:eg:

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for making a great site!:beer:

Welcome to the forum! Seems like you've done your homework :gj:
Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the forum!!! Sounds like you're already off to a good start. Glad to hear that you are aware of eye safety and are getting eye protection. What three lasers did you order?

welcome mark another Filipino Joined us!! thanks!! welcome here kabayan!!! hehehehe