LPF Site Supporter
- Jun 12, 2015
1) Well that's up to personal preference. 445: |||||||||||| 470: ||||||||||||I have three questions to ask please.
1.Is the new 470nm blue, better looking than the 445nm one?
2. Is the 470nm 's diode more robust than the 445's?
3. There is a possibility to choose between one 7W 445nm and one 5W 470nm.Which you think is more sensible purchase?
445nm is deep blue/indigo while 470nm is blue/light blue.
2) This is highly dependent on the diode so can't say unless comparing two specific diodes. But it should be noted that NUBM07's need to driven at high current to meet and exceed 470nm as they are typically 465nm. Current and temperature can shift a diodes central wavelength but this involves pushing them hard. NUBM07's have a wavelength range of 462-473nm. Also NDB7675's have been known to hit as high as 476nm but it is not recommended to push them that far. Their normal range is 456-469nm with most at 462nm.
3) Again this is your personal preference. The 450nm NUBM44 is a scary laser to own, and the NUBM07 is a beautiful and high power also. Are you after a power burner or a strong blue beam?