Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

About the NUMG07E 465nm

GSS

Has any one driven a 07E 465nm diode at a lower 2W and noticed any wavelength shift bellow the usual norm of 470nm?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That diode is down on my records as having a spectral range of 462-473nm. Of course there will be natural deviation between diodes, but those appear to be the acceptable limits.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

That diode is down on my records as having a spectral range of 462-473nm. Of course there will be natural deviation between diodes, but those appear to be the acceptable limits.
That much difference? Pelgius is wanting that 470nm range something bad, but hoping running it at lower around 2W..

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I doubt that he will get 470nm+ without running it at a higher power/current.
Expect 4-4.5W at 470nm+. The only method that could be used is what Singlemode does. Optical feedback tuning.

Last edited:

GSS

I doubt that he will get 470nm+ without running it at a higher power/current.
Expect 4-4.5W at 470nm+. The only method that could be used is what Singlemode does. Optical feedback tuning.
Your spot on Curtis:) Just looked at DTR's sight and never noticed he has extra link in his 07E diode sale showing power to wavelength relationship...;)

DTR

Yea not much change till you start pushing it up around 4A or so where heat generation in the junction starts to build up near to where it can not be drawn away as fast as it is generated.

On a side note as it is beginning to be a pet peeve of mine and to correct where I can bad info being thrown around from forign sellers and distributors out there. These diodes are a full production diode model number NUBM07 ignore the edited and improperly distributed with these diodes engineering sample datasheet that was originally given out with these diodes. Since then they have been able to photoshop up a better fake datasheet for these.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Good info Jordan, so these are not 'Engineering' samples so they are simply M07's not M07E's. I will change this on my info, thanks.

GSS

Corny as heck but Jordan your but once again have to say your a blessing to this forum:):)
All the extra info and work involved does not go un noticed:)

Corny as heck but Jordan your but once again have to say your a blessing to this forum:):)
All the extra info and work involved does not go un noticed:)
Thanks for asking GSS! It looks like they really push the current to get the 4-5W SanWU 470 nm.

Yea not much change till you start pushing it up around 4A or so where heat generation in the junction starts to build up near to where it can not be drawn away as fast as it is generated.

On a side note as it is beginning to be a pet peeve of mine and to correct where I can bad info being thrown around from forign sellers and distributors out there. These diodes are a full production diode model number NUBM07 ignore the edited and improperly distributed with these diodes engineering sample datasheet that was originally given out with these diodes. Since then they have been able to photoshop up a better fake datasheet for these.
Hey DTR: GSS was asking for me-I was hoping to get a 470 nm 2W (to allow use of the AAA sized 10440 button top batteries. GSS uses them in his Star Trek TOS Phaser II's already. They fit in the handle of the prop phaser where the original AAA batteries go.

I bought a 2W 445 nm M140 modded Phaser II (Rubie's) from him- 470 nm would be much closer to the color as seen on the original Star Trek than 445 nm.
I have a SanWu Challenger II listed as 2W @ 465 nm. It's closer to the color I am looking for. If I am reading correctly it's using a Nichia NDB7675 9mm 462 nm (listed as 1.2-1.7W) @ 2W to get 465 nm. MAybe that's the best option give the 4A needed to get 470nm out of the NUBM07 (taken from arrays and de-canned).
Thanks!