Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LuckLaser.com & BigLasers.com (The fine line between fraud and legit)

Hey All,
I'm a noobie to lasers and I just bought supposedly two 2watt 450nm Lasers from LuckLaser and BigLasers. I wanted to go over what I got to help other people make a informed decision before buying from these companies. I want to mention that I'm not trying to flame or be overly picky. I just wanted to document my expectations vs. reality and I try to be as comprehensive as possible so you can draw your own conclusions about buying through these companies.

First off, I just want to mention that I did receive two beautiful lasers from them. Both of them are completely functional, very bright, and I accidentally burned a hole in a poster on my wall that's maybe 8 to 10 feet from where I'm sitting.

4G55g20.jpg

LuckLaser is on the left and BigLasers is on the right.

The Good:
  • Received my lasers from both companies in less than two weeks.
  • Both lasers are functional and as described.
  • Both lasers burn very, very quickly.
  • Biglasers included a "200mw" Green Laser that I did not order (It's not 200mw though. It's probably more like 20mw)
  • Lucklaser included a "light saber attachment" for free. (Basically a long clear plastic tube that disperses the laser light)
  • Biglasers included rechargeable batteries.
The Bad
  • Both companies checkout processes involve something that is totally bizare. (More on this later)
  • I tried to cancel my order from BigLasers. They ignored my email and charged/sent it anyway. (I included the order number and sent it from the email I ordered with)
  • The foam inserts in the case LuckLaser sent me is basically styrofoam. (Not the soft spongy inserts like you see in most of the pictures.)
  • The safety glasses LuckLaser sent were severly scratched and dented. Almost like they've been heavily used before. (More on this later)
  • Biglasers did not include a blank head cap.
  • Lucklaser includes a charger but no batteries. (They do state this on their website.)
  • Biglasers was almost two times more expensive than Lucklaser.
  • The reviews on lucklaser have to be "approved" before being added to their page.

Checkout Process
I mentioned that both companies have some aspect of their checkout process that is totally bizarre and not something you'd expect of a e-commerce site in 2015.

Biglasers
BigLasers has the most sane checkout of the two. But after buying the laser, I received this email:

IMQWPnO.jpg

So in order to confirm my order, I have to click a link from a completely different website? Why would I even need to "confirm my order"? I'd like to point out that at this point, I had already paid for the laser. I worry about the people who did not see this email. Did they get their laser anyway? Did the order get canceled and they get their money back? Or did they never get the laser or their money back?

Lucklaser
LuckLaser doesn't have a typical checkout. They record your paypal address and then send you an invoice via e-mail. This isn't a problem persay I just found it a little bit odd.

Order Problems
Before I mentioned there were a few order issues that came up. Most were minor, one wasn't.

Major Issue
Biglasers did not honor or reply to my email regarding canceling my order.
When I found the laser for a better price one to two days after ordering and nine days before they actually shipped the laser I asked them to please cancel my order. I never received a response.

8r5Qsk0.jpg

Minor Issues
The safety glasses lucklaser sent were scratched, cracked, and dented. They look like they've been used already. I included a picture comparing the brand new ones BigLaser sent me and the ones lucklaser sent.

JLhHQOv.jpg

This is not a huge issue obviously, and since this is clearly a simple mistake I emailed Lucklaser to see if they would send me another pair. The resulting email chain is so astounding, I've included it for you.

nU7LGT8.jpg

I have a hard time believing that they are truly misunderstanding me and are just trying to avoid sending me a pair of glasses that cost approx $1.54 on Alibaba. To be honest, it would've been better if they didn't respond at all. Because, despite the fact that BigLaser has had zero communication with me, I'm not actually upset with them.
The laser I received from BigLaser did not come with a blank head cap. This is again, not a huge issue, but a minor annoyance. I e-mailed them about the problem, but as history would show, I don't expect a response.

I hope this helps anyone who may be thinking about buying from these companies. I found that while they are legit and will send you the laser you ordered. They will not be of any use to you in the likely chance that something does go wrong with your order. My problems were minor and not deal breakers but I can't help but wonder what would've happened if my laser had been defective.

Last edited:

Their lasers are a big pile of shit, its been proven the glas lens on someone here melted and they lie about output power 2W lasers inside the module showed 1.6W and u can find those lasers on ebay and aliexpress etc... they just sell those lasers at marked up prices for profit nothing else. Nobody in their right mind would buy from a company called "luck laser" i mean luck as in getting an onspec laser? or luck to not getting ripped off....

Last edited:
Their lasers are a big pile of shit, its been proven the glas lens on someone here melted and they lie about output power 2W lasers inside the module showed 1.6W and u can find those lasers on ebay and aliexpress etc... they just sell those lasers at marked up prices for profit nothing else. Nobody in their right mind would buy from a company called "luck laser" i mean luck as in getting an onspec laser? or luck to not getting ripped off....

It could be worse, they could be one of those companies claiming a 10,000 mw laser. lol

Also, the luck in lucklaser is the chance that your laser and all it's parts will even work. I just found out the charger they sent me doesn't work. I actually don't think the circuit is even wired to the plug lol

yeah even if it would work those chargers are a real danger to even use they are mass produced like crazy i would never load any batteries with that..

Ricker

yeah even if it would work those chargers are a real danger to even use they are mass produced like crazy i would never load any batteries with that..

Agreed, I would NOT use the charger or the batteries that come with the lasers; the chargers are a safety issue and a fire hazard. The "-----fire" batteries just suck as they don't hold a good charge and the mAh is always a lie.

For my experience with Biglasers, I ordered a large laser holster for $20, not only did they never send it, they never replied to any of my attempts to reach them and/or get a refund. So feel "lucky" you received your biglasers laser. ;)

Thanks for the warning guys, I feel like a complete moron. My first laser purchased was many years ago. I forget the company but it was an X125 and it is still strong to this day.

I was on lucklasers's site and just about to click paypal but decided to search up reviews. thankfully I did.

Wooski

Thanks for the warning guys, I feel like a complete moron. My first laser purchased was many years ago. I forget the company but it was an X125 and it is still strong to this day.

I was on lucklasers's site and just about to click paypal but decided to search up reviews. thankfully I did.

Yea I fell for it, and got a very defective laser and extremely dangerous charger. After many emails they finally told me to take a picture of the problem, the problem being that it does not work. What do they want a picture of the laser just sitting on a table? It would take too much time (and $$$) dealing with these con artist's to try to return it, just not worth it.

We bought a $5K laser from BigLaser.com to do interferometry. Prior to purchase Colin (who is the only live body manning this China drop-ship scam enterprise from time to time) claimed 50cm coherence length, sent us specs and all. What we got was barely 1mm. This is like claimng a color TV, then shipping you a black-and-white one. Well, too bad for us - Colin uses combination tactics of playing dumb and good old ignoring your calls and e-mails. No support, no warranty, no responsibility of any kind. We are stuck with a $5K laser pointer.
Stay away from him, don't trust anything he says or writes before a purchase, everything can be a lie, and you'll have no recourse afterwards.

diachi

We bought a $5K laser from BigLaser.com to do interferometry. Prior to purchase Colin (who is the only live body manning this China drop-ship scam enterprise from time to time) claimed 50cm coherence length, sent us specs and all. What we got was barely 1mm. This is like claimng a color TV, then shipping you a black-and-white one. Well, too bad for us - Colin uses combination tactics of playing dumb and good old ignoring your calls and e-mails. No support, no warranty, no responsibility of any kind. We are stuck with a $5K laser pointer.
Stay away from him, don't trust anything he says or writes before a purchase, everything can be a lie, and you'll have no recourse afterwards.

Uhhh ... which one did you buy, just curious? I don't think I've ever seen a pointer with a coherence length anywhere even close to that - hell I don't even think it's possible with current technology. I'm also not sure why you'd buy a pointer for interferometry but OK... Unless I'm understanding you wrong (this part: "We are stuck with a $5K laser pointer.") and you bought a lab system, but it's now only useful as a pointer? :p

Did you pay with CC/PayPal - should be able to charge back through your bank/PP.

Last edited:
Could you post a picture or Link to the $5K laser you bought ???

Jerry

Razako

Assuming this is legit, you should file a paypal/CC claim immediately. I don't see any $5k laser on their site though, can you link us to what you bought?

Last edited:

Encap

If true--what posessed you to buy from an obviously suspect reseller---just the brain damaged name BigLaser alone should should have told you "beware" very suspect Chinese reseller/drop shipper one of thousands of such web sites? People selling what they don't have to people without the money to buy --most of the time.

A person's intelligence and common sense are evidenced by the person's actions--in this case you demonstrated lack of both.

Last edited:
If true--what posessed you to buy from an obviously suspect reseller---just the brain damaged name alone should should have told you "beware" very suspect Chinese reseller/drop shiper web site?
What possessed them or him or whatever to buy a $5k laser at all whatsoever? What a fricken waste of cash. :mad::evil::crackup::shhh:

diachi

What possessed them or him or whatever to buy a $5k laser at all whatsoever? What a fricken waste of cash. :mad::evil::crackup::shhh:

They needed very good specs for interferometry. They may have also required a rare wavelength for some reason. $5k is not unreasonable for a lab laser with the quoted coherence length, especially if it was high power/rare wavelength and likely had other superior specs. Just look at the used lab lasers Kaiser has for sale.

Last edited:
They needed very good specs for interferometry. They may have also required a rare wavelength for some reason. $5k is not unreasonable for a lab laser with the quoted coherence length, especially if it was high power/rare wavelength and likely had other superior specs. Just look at the used lab lasers Kaiser has for sale.
Ah. My apologies. I should've looked into it a little more before saying this. It's amazing that the expensive wavelengths are the ones that are used in so many commercial items.

I'm still waiting for a picture or link to this $5000.00
Laser Pointer...:whistle:

Jerry