Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPRD: Laser Pointer of Reckless Destruction

DD- you have double posted way TOO MANY times in your thread- no biggie-- but it IS frowned upon here unless there is a good reason- PLEASE go back to each time you have done this- copy one of the two posts- then dele it---then click edit on the other and paste the two together- henceforth - always combine your posts as you make them= not needed if there is another post from a member ONLY need to avoid 'back to back' posts--

ALSO -- we have been looked upon by those not interested in lasers as 'accidents waiting to happen' and while the names you use are both cleaver and 'kewl' they only re-enforce the belief that lasers should be BANNED they have no practical uses and the less we post about 'BURNIN' STUFF' the better IMHO.

It is pretty much a fact the the majority of the 'burning' stuff lovers are also very young and new to the forums-(but not all) So this means the more 'mature' members of LPF have found much more enjoyable ways to use our handheld lasers and burning is one aspect of owning them that is better off not published more than necessary.

You are adding fuel to a fire we cannot possibly put out-(so that NOT helpful to us or our 'hobby') so please try to keep that in mind--thanks for reading and anytime i can help feel free to PM me.

Be safe with your lasers- goggles for the correct wavelength should always be purchased BEFORE the laser and some here (like me) will NOT sell any laser until you can show proof you are over 18 and already own eyeware-- If you 'want' to injure your eyes go for it but if that becomes 'news' we all will also suffer--

ALSO you may want help from us and having just 'USA' as your location is not enough info- plz add at LEAST the state --in your profile..

hak
in south central TX.

Last edited:

IsaacT

I have built my fair share of PHR's with LM317 drivers. In fact...probably more than my fair share. Early on in my time here that was all I had the know how to build. I would make one with a 10ohm resistor like you did above. It was a little bit more than the PHR's like to take, but I never had too much of an issue with it. I had one last 3 years actually. Just luck of the draw i guess. But bear in mind that you add a lot of risk without a capacitor and you just have to accept that these bad boys could die at any minute.

At 125mA, all of mine would smoke leather, pop balloons, sting the skin, and otherwise cause mischievous fun. Remember these won't ever be bright, per se, but they are decently powerful for a first build.

DD- you have double posted way TOO MANY times in your thread- no biggie-- but it IS frowned upon here unless there is a good reason- PLEASE go back to each time you have done this- copy one of the two posts- then dele it---then click edit on the other and paste the two together- henceforth - always combine your posts as you make them= not needed if there is another post from a member ONLY need to avoid 'back to back' posts--

ALSO -- we have been looked upon by those not interested in lasers as 'accidents waiting to happen' and while the names you use are both cleaver and 'kewl' they only re-enforce the belief that lasers should be BANNED they have no practical uses and the less we post about 'BURNIN' STUFF' the better IMHO.

It is pretty much a fact the the majority of the 'burning' stuff lovers are also very young and new to the forums-(but not all) So this means the more 'mature' members of LPF have found much more enjoyable ways to use our handheld lasers and burning is one aspect of owning them that is better off not published more than necessary.

You are adding fuel to a fire we cannot possibly put out-(so that NOT helpful to us or our 'hobby') so please try to keep that in mind--thanks for reading and anytime i can help feel free to PM me.

Be safe with your lasers- goggles for the correct wavelength should always be purchased BEFORE the laser and some here (like me) will NOT sell any laser until you can show proof you are over 18 and already own eyeware-- If you 'want' to injure your eyes go for it but if that becomes 'news' we all will also suffer--

ALSO you may want help from us and having just 'USA' as your location is not enough info- plz add at LEAST the state --in your profile..

hak
in south central TX.
Yeah, I have been pretty spaztastic. I was hyper and didn't know what I was doing (I'm better now). You also brought up some interesting points, and I'll be sure to be more careful with my words. Thanks for your time, and I'll see you around.

Hey guys! I finished my first laser last night! It's running at 125.9 mA, and I can't measure the output, but it can smoke electrical tape. This has been a wonderful first project, and I can't wait to build more! Thanks for all your help and I'll see you around!

I tried posting them, but I couldn't figure out how. :p However, you can e-mail me to get them if you want. Send me a message for the address. Sorry for the inconvenience... :(

Last edited: