Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPM? Suggestions? Anyone Nearby?

Starlight9

Hello, I would love to test the output of my lasers but I don't have an LPM.
Anyone near Eastern NC?

Has anyone purchased the LPM from Laserpointerstore?
Reviews?

Thanks to all and stay well!

GSS

Just a quick warning. DON'T get the pocket meter from Laserpointerstore.. It's a cheap gimick!!
It's been reviewed and everyone but the owner of Laserpointerstore knows it's a toy..
That said i'm sure someone near you with a LPM will chime in..:)

Starlight9

What a bummer, I thought that Laserpointerstore had some good reviews....
I was also thinking about getting their Gatling Stretch Laser Pointer (3w)...should I reconsider?

Thanks for the reply and stay well!

Just a quick warning. DON'T get the pocket meter from Laserpointerstore.. It's a cheap gimick!!
It's been reviewed and everyone but the owner of Laserpointerstore knows it's a toy..
That said i'm sure someone near you with a LPM will chime in..:)

Hexal101

The LPM is a cheap toy. If you can’t get your lasers measured by brendon then I recommend the Laserbee AX LPM.

GSS

I was also thinking about getting their Gatling Stretch Laser Pointer (3w)...should I reconsider?

The Gattling gun type have the potential to last but are mass produced with cheap China parts like their drivers and used diodes.
Taking them apart if something were to go wrong would most likely destroy it as there is alot of glue used.
Another thing is that the module for the driver is made from a small piece of brass which is not a good heatsinking metal. At 3W of power it will run very hot.
If you can get a Gattling or even a Thor for $40 to $50 it's not really a bad deal, but I would save up another $100 over that $50 and get a custom built one with top notch parts.
Look at Lifetime17 Sales Thread, he's in the US and there are some good Vietnam based builders here too.
These members are to be trusted 100%, just look for yourself at the happy customers..

Starlight9

I'll look at Lifetime17 and see what he has, from a quick search I only saw stuff from 2019 but will look further.

Thanks for the suggestions!

The Gattling gun type have the potential to last but are mass produced with cheap China parts like their drivers and used diodes.
Taking them apart if something were to go wrong would most likely destroy it as there is alot of glue used.
Another thing is that the module for the driver is made from a small piece of brass which is not a good heatsinking metal. At 3W of power it will run very hot.
If you can get a Gattling or even a Thor for $40 to $50 it's not really a bad deal, but I would save up another $100 over that $50 and get a custom built one with top notch parts.
Look at Lifetime17 Sales Thread, he's in the US and there are some good Vietnam based builders here too.
These members are to be trusted 100%, just look for yourself at the happy customers..

Reactions: GSS

Snecho

Laserpointerstore is good for lasers, not so much for LPMs. The laser I bought from them is very nice and their customer service is excellent. In the end I've had a great experience.

I don't know about the stretch Gatling, but the Thor series is really good and even Gatling can last.

As for Lifetime, here is his sales thread with his most recent offers: https://laserpointerforums.com/thre...nks-focus-adapters-lasers.100082/post-1583617

I would also look at Sanwu for one of the best top notch lasers you can get.