Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF members should know: To explain the festivals and holidays of china

I just receive a PM from T_J, asking me some questions about chinese festivals. Thanks for the reminding of T_J, I should have told you before.

These days, you may have some trouble in contacting with chinese companies, it is because we are in a long holiday. We have 3 or more days off on mid-altumn day, and 7-14 days off on national day. The two days comes one by one this year, so what a long holiday!
How about me? :cryyy::cryyy: I have to work to make sure my company will run fluently. But I have a 3-day trip, that's enough for me.

we have two different calendar. One is the same with yours,which is named as solar calendar, and

the other is lunar calendar, which many Asia countries such as korean, Vietnam still use it as

additional calendar now. That's because they are tributary states of china before.

All our traditional festivals and birthdays are in our own calendar, for we only use lunar

calendar in our ancient times.

There are 3 important traditional festivals in china : Duan Wu festival, mid-autumn day (Zhong Qiu
festival) and spring festival. Of course, they are in lunar calendar.

On Duan Wu festival, which is on may 5th , we have 1-3 days off.
On mid-autumn day, which is on Aug 15th , we have 3 days off.
On spring festival, which is on the first day of a year, which is Jan 1st,we have 7-14 days off,

or even longer.
Actually, the most important day in china is not spring festival, but the day before sping

festival, which is chinese New Year's Eve,sometimes Dec 29th, sometimes Dec 30th,

Now, I will tell you the date of these three festivals in the year 2010 and 2011

Duan Wu festival Jun 16th (2010) Jun 6th (2011)
mid-autumn day sep 22th (2010) sep12th (2011)
spring festival 2011 Feb 13th (2010) 2012 Jan 23th (2011)

More over, there are some other holidays in china, which are not traditional festivals. So they

are in the same calendar with which you use
For the national day, which is on Dec 10th, we have 7-14 days off.
For the International Labour Day,which is on may 1th, we have 3 days off now. We used to have 7days off few years ago, but now, only 3,sometimes 5.
Maybe there will be 7 the next year. Chinese are lazier and lazier, we are asking government for more and more holidays.

Thanks for your concern about chinese festivals! If you come to china, you will find the chinese culture is wonderful and attractive.
Food is one important part of chinese culture, You can enjoy different delicious chinese food in different festivals. But after the festival, you may never see it again in supermarket. My favourite are mooncake and "zongzi",
you will feel in love with them if you ever have the chance to have a try.
If you come to china, tell me, maybe we can enjoy our chinese food and chinese culture together, it on me!

Welcome to china!

regards

reliable john

Last edited:

DJNY

Re: To explain the festivals and holidays of china

Thank you John :beer:

Is it possible to bring out the most important facts with color?

How about me? :cryyy::cryyy: I have to work to make sure my company will run fluently.

But you get double paid! :rolleyes:

Thank you John :beer:

Is it possible to bring out the most important facts with color?

pardon, the facts with color??
By the way, I don't get double paid, I have to give double paid to others.

DJNY

pardon, the facts with color??

I would color the most important informations for a better reading like:

There are 3 important traditional festivals in china : Duan Wu festival, mid-autumn day (Zhong Qiu festival) and spring festival.

By the way, I don't get double paid, I have to give double paid to others.

Oh, that´s bad :(

I would love to go to China. I'm a extra large man, tall and wide. I'd be in a sea of smaller people. It might be strange.

I would color the most important informations for a better reading like:

There are 3 important traditional festivals in china : Duan Wu festival, mid-autumn day (Zhong Qiu festival) and spring festival.

yes, have done

Oh, that´s bad :(

I would love to go to China. I'm a extra large man, tall and wide. I'd be in a sea of smaller people. It might be strange.

T_J
I suppose you won't be taller and wider than yaoming. HAHAHA :tsk: In northeast of china, there are many many tall and wide man, but most southerner are not so tall