Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looks like someone in AU is onto WL!

Petrovski said:
Too bad your plan to stock & sell some lasers backfired on you Murudai. It's probably best to bail out, lasers are nice and all but not worth getting into trouble with law.

Don't worry, I've already bailed.

See: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1213066765/11#11 Notice how that link goes to a post in this same thread? Should of read through a bit more first ;D

And I think the positive thing that comes from all this is that I got WL some negative press :)

I turn WL into the villain that is supplying these terrorists with their lasers, and they ban me from their forums. I'd say that's fair :)

VW

Petrovski said:
From anonymous to notorious in a single article... pretty impressive! Too bad your plan to stock & sell some lasers backfired on you Murudai. It's probably best to bail out, lasers are nice and all but not worth getting into trouble with law.

I don't know what reputation the "daily telegraph" has in AU, but sounds like some tabloid to me. A classic example of a very subjective article with very little knowledge of the writer about the subject he writes.

Hey at least you got something positive out of the whole thing: you got banned on LC so you don't have to worry about having to write something there any more.  :p

J/k. Keep your cool and don't let them get into your head.
Actually the Daily Telegraph is a broadsheet and quite a respectable paper... Still doesn't justify it's BS "investigation" though...

Murudai said:
And I think the positive thing that comes from all this is that I got WL some negative press :)

I turn WL into the villain that is supplying these terrorists with their lasers, and they ban me from their forums. I'd say that's fair :)

You are a real class act, a vindictive child with no justification for your own actions. you simply stun me with your rhetoric, and your absolute total disregard for intelligence. Reply if you like, it will merely hammer my point home further.

Razako

LOL it's on another site now
http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,23837208-5014108,00.html
IMPORT FRENZY TO BEAT LASER GUN BAN! Now apparently they are LAZER GUNS!
item-view-433270-1196622351

More bad publicity :( argg they will ban all lasers whatever the purpose that is really Bullsh*t , these laws are getting out of hand. We are getting to a point where there will be no creativity left in our kids because everything is banned, no new inventions no new discoveries total crap if you ask me. I really didn't read the thread but whoever is bringing this attention to the media if they are a laser lover they are just making it worst for themselves and others.

Ace82

That is crazy that Murudai was mentioned.  I wonder if "intelligence" will check LPF too.  That article is completely bias and 100% manipulated.  

I HATE THE MEDIA!!!

Worthless bastards with nothing better to do then publish false facts to "herd the sheep".  Damn fools.  

How do you upgrade a 5mW pen to a "200mW monster"?

WTF? WTF? WTF?:"Shining a laser is a gutless and cowardly action that has the potential to cause a great deal of damage," a spokesman for Mr Campbell said. I REPEAT, WTF?  :mad: ;D :'(  That is the stupidest statement I've ever read.  And smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol is an honorable corrigible action?  Maybe he should have been more specific.   ;D

"Writing an article that is filled with nonsense, blasphemy, and bias single sided is a gutless and cowardly action that has the potential of sending one to HELL!” [smiley=evil.gif] – Ace82

Edit: building lasers and releated devices is an ART.

diachi

Ace82 said:
That is crazy that Murudai was mentioned.  I wonder if "intelligence" will check LPF too.  That article is completely bias and 100% manipulated.  

I HATE THE MEDIA!!!

Worthless bastards with nothing better to do then publish false facts to "herd the sheep".  Damn fools.  

WTF? WTF? WTF?:"Shining a laser is a gutless and cowardly action that has the potential to cause a great deal of damage," a spokesman for Mr Campbell said. I REPEAT, WTF?  :mad: ;D :'(  That is the stupidest statement I've ever read.  And smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol is an honorable corrigible action?  Maybe he should have been more specific.   ;D

"Writing an article that is filled with nonsense, blasphemy, and bias single sided is a gutless and cowardly action that has the potential of sending one to HELL!” [smiley=evil.gif] – Ace82

Amen Brother !

Diachi

Ace82 said:

I HATE THE MEDIA!!!

Well said especially the WTF part. WTF is this world coming to?

People who attack planes with long-range laser pointers are planning a large haul of imports before laws come in to block their use.... can't we sue them for slander or something. Basically they are saying who is importing the lasers before the deadline are getting them to use against planes. WTF

Let's just ban hammers, knives, screwdrivers, rocks in your garden screw it let's ban everything because everything is dangerous in the wrong hands.

Razako

thejunkmonger said:
[quote author=Ace82 link=1213066765/36#38 date=1213122324]That is crazy that Murudai was mentioned. I wonder if "intelligence" will check LPF too. That article is completely bias and 100% manipulated.

I HATE THE MEDIA!!!

Worthless bastards with nothing better to do then publish false facts to "herd the sheep". Damn fools.

WTF? WTF? WTF?:"Shining a laser is a gutless and cowardly action that has the potential to cause a great deal of damage," a spokesman for Mr Campbell said. I REPEAT, WTF? :mad: ;D :'( That is the stupidest statement I've ever read. And smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol is an honorable corrigible action? Maybe he should have been more specific. ;D

Well said especially the WTF part. WTF is this world coming to?
[/quote]
You need to keep the sheep living fear to control them. In the US they like to scare people with words like radical Islamic terrorists and then nobody complains when they pass unconstitutional bs like the Patriot act and Bush's domestic spying programs.

Razako

thejunkmonger said:
People who attack planes with long-range laser pointers are planning a large haul of imports before laws come in to block their use.... can't we sue them for slander or something. Basically they are saying who is importing the lasers before the deadline are getting them to use against planes. WTF

Let's just ban hammers, knives, screwdrivers, rocks in your garden screw it let's ban everything because everything is dangerous in the wrong hands.
If this was in the US they would get sued to death for publishing things like that. It's pure slander and lies. Imagine if a major paper published an article calling all gun owners dangerous criminals and cowards who only hang onto guns so they can murder people ::)

diachi

Yeah, its totally not fair all this nonsense, and manipulation !

Diachi

Ace82

roSSco said:
Yeah, that some pretty weak
turd.gif

Says it all.

thejunkmonger said:
WTF is this world coming to?

To an end as we know it!  To be honest, I'm really concerned about the US economy aka gasoline.  Poor new president, the mess that awaits him/her is rumored to be unrecoverable.  Looks like the Mayans were correct, 2012 - the fall of mankind.  Oh well, I'll just live it up while I can.   ;D