Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking to Purchase a 593.5nm Laser!!!

Scopeguy20 (Glenn) JUST PMed me last night!!! I am now getting the Rigel from him for $312 shipped to my door! This is sooo exciting! And I didn’t know that it was a <5mW Rigel also! I will ask scopeguy what power mine is going to be. I’m going to PM him right now. This is such a good deal!

-Jakob

I don't think there is a guarantee of it being a <5 "Rigel" (in quotation marks because it's not technically a Rigel, it's only a Rigel if LaserGlow sells it, but it is the same laser). At least on the last round when I ordered, they gave no guarantee. For the "Rigels" (and some other models, as well), CNI just makes the laser, and then meters it to see how good it is when they are done. There's no guarantee it'll be capable of any more than 2mW, but at least in the first round they selected the best units for us, and both units that scopeguy received from CNI metered in the 3 to 4 mW range.

But it's a great choice you've made, I love mine. Even if it comes out at 1 or 2 mW, it's still a great deal and a great laser. I still for the life of me cant' decide if I like the 593.5 or the 473 better. They're both awesome, so I guess it's a good thing I can jsut keep both and not have to decide.

Last edited:
Dont forget the yellow HeNe... 594nm and a few orders a magnitude more stable... and you can leave it on as long as you want!! And if you shop around you can find a gently used one for around 100-200 bucks.

If you really want it to be portable, I've powered mine using 4x18650

Dont forget the yellow HeNe... 594nm and a few orders a magnitude more stable... and you can leave it on as long as you want!! And if you shop around you can find a gently used one for around 100-200 bucks.

If you really want it to be portable, I've powered mine using 4x18650

Yeah, it kinda’ crossed my mind but I thought that for the time being I would get something a bit more portable, like pen-size. How strong does the average yellow HeNe tend to be? The price sure is cheaper! And the ability to be able to leave it on forever is pretty beneficial. Is there perhaps a thread on your “portable” yellow HeNe? I’d like to see! It must drain those batteries pretty quick though!

-Jakob

P.S. About stability, I think it would be really cool to have a laser that turns on to be green every once in a while and then suddenly changes to yellow. You could show your friends like:
“‘Hey guys look at my awesome, rare new laser’ ‘Dude, that’s lame it’s green and dim*5 seconds pass*Wait, dude its yellow! Holy sh*t! A transforming laser’
If you have no idea what I am talking about, here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VTltc5zCCE

It really isn't portable, unless you want to put a car battery in a backpack and use it like the Ghostbuster's proton pack.

Didn't you read gus's post? 4x18650s in series will power it sufficiently. It's not like it requires 20 amps.

With regard to the auction, Smogthemog is a very reputable member at PL.

Last edited:
This is the only 594nm HeNe I've come across. http://www.mi-lasers.com/cgi-bin/sho...ion&key=HNS-3Y It really isn't portable, unless you want to put a car battery in a backpack and use it like the Ghostbuster's proton pack.
Holy SHIBA that is a lot of money. For that price, I'd rather just get a Vega!

Now this is a bit better. I would get it if I had any money at all. But right now I'm in debt to Glenn and I'm gonna have that paid off in about 2 weeks. If I had the money, I would definitely get it!!!

-Jakob