Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

looking to buy a laser

IsaacT

Realize that any order placed with a company located in China will not arrive very quickly....especially with their National Holiday, you are looking at waiting probably close to a month, maybe more.

that much i know, but just out of curiosity are there any companies not based out of china?

Reactions: ARG
Hello.
Im looking for laser pointer pen, that has enough power for popping balloons, burning through thin plastic etc. So, i was browsing through webpages which sell laser pointers, and i found this: Buy Mid-open 200mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer Pen Black Online, Cheap Mid-open 200mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer Pen Black Online Sale
200mw green laser pointer, price is 44$, and im in doubt that should i buy it or not...because that low price makes me think that is that laser pointer's overall quality crap or good, and is mw on that one correct or not...what you think?

Reactions: ARG

IsaacT

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that that laser outputs 200mw. 2 x AAA batteries wouldn't be able to handle the current flow. Also, someone who knows better than me feel free to jump in and correct me, but a 200mw green in a pen host would require RIDICULOUSLY short duty cycles.

Okay, thanks Wannaburnstuff. I think that i'll pass on the laser, which is on the page that i linked. Also, which laser you would recommend, under 100$ and burns matches, pops balloons etc. Is it possible for under 100$ to get laser like that?

Last edited:

IsaacT

Yes. If you want a laser under 100 dollars that burns things then look for 405nm builds. IMHO 405nm is the best wavelength for burning and is one of the more affordable ones as well. A basic PHR build will be able to do what you want....granted, it will not burn matches fast and might need them to be colored black. A step up from the PHR's would be the 12x bluray diodes, which can do considerably more, but will probably cost right at 100 dollars when you factor in the total build cost. Keep an eye on the forum's B/S/T threads and also take a look at sites like Cajunlasers.com or Lazerer.com.

A burning laser is NO joke. These things are very powerful, and if they can melt the sh*t out of plastic, what do you think they can do to your eye? Invest in a QUALITY pair of safety glasses. Survival lasers sells Eagle Pair Laseer goggles which should do nicely. For this wavelength they should be an orange-ish reddish color. READ THIS BEFORE BUYING A LASER!

IsaacT

Holy hell that is a powerful pen! I wish he told in his thread how hot it got....it seems to me like the IR diode would be out putting a ton of heat.... >(-_-)### <-mind blown

EDIT: Novalasers is soooooo expensive

Last edited:
Yes. If you want a laser under 100 dollars that burns things then look for 405nm builds. IMHO 405nm is the best wavelength for burning and is one of the more affordable ones as well. A basic PHR build will be able to do what you want....granted, it will not burn matches fast and might need them to be colored black. A step up from the PHR's would be the 12x bluray diodes, which can do considerably more, but will probably cost right at 100 dollars when you factor in the total build cost. Keep an eye on the forum's B/S/T threads and also take a look at sites like Cajunlasers.com or Lazerer.com.

A burning laser is NO joke. These things are very powerful, and if they can melt the sh*t out of plastic, what do you think they can do to your eye? Invest in a QUALITY pair of safety glasses. Survival lasers sells Eagle Pair Laseer goggles which should do nicely. For this wavelength they should be an orange-ish reddish color. READ THIS BEFORE BUYING A LASER!

Okay, thanks for the information. I just read that thread which you linked, and i was like holy shit...i will do get safety glasses. If/or i buy laser