Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for new laser.. Reward offered

I'll give $5 to whoever I deem has the best answer to my question, thanks in advance!
My main requirement is I want it to be visible in daylight, the beam included. I also want to be able to use it inside. Burning would be cool but I want to be able to shine it on walls. Lastly, it has to be under $100 with everything included.
Thanks!
Edit - ill pay PayPal or mail the money, whatever you'd like. Just drop a link and say why.

Last edited:

Your requirements are quite strict. Though they are feasible. My recommendation is to buy a 1W blue laser. Use that 5$ you are offering to pay someone toward it as well or for some cool accessories like a tripod, diffraction grating, uranium marbles ect.

I don't know of any blue lasers <100$ at this moment but perhaps someone can build you one or you can build yourself one.

Anyway good luck to you sir and please read up on laser safety. High powered lasers are not like those cat toys you can buy for 1$.

Edit: and as for your visible in the daytime. It really depends on what you mean by that. The reason I mention this is because if you are asking for something that's visible in direct sunlight. You would be dreaming. I don't known of any hobbiest laser that has a higher power density than direct sunlight. The best you can get is a high powered blue with a visible beam in a decently lit room. And even then it depends on how many particles are in the air at that time.

Last edited:

ARG

You'll need a lot of power to have a beam visible in (bright) daylight. My 4.4W 445nm laser was only starting to be barely visible in the sunshine.

You can build yourself a 1W 445nm laser for under 100$, but you probably wont find one pre-build for that price. Check out Mohgasms & DTR's websites, they sell parts.

daguin

A beam that is "visible" in "daylight" (especially from the side) is pretty much out of the question

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/round-ii-daguin-inventory-reduction-sale-80264.html

I also have a C6 host laser with the standard Mohgasm focus ring (black)
It has an M-145 diode and an AixiZ glass lens
It has a MicroBoost driver and is powered by a single 18650 battery
It is putting out 1.2W
This is a recycled/rebuilt laser.
All the electronics and diode are new, but the host has some slight scratches
It is offered for $90, shipped in the US

Peace,
dave

I wouldn't mind having to build it, if it is more for my money I'd prefer that. To do that I'd probably need a tutorial to follow along with, otherwise I have trouble. Under $100 still please, open to blue or green laserstthat are very bright and hopefully have the capability to burn. Thanks all! Just send a link to a kit or whatever, all helps.