Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for most light color(white would be great) laser pointer.

fishermen use the laser light to fishing. This is totally legal. These fishermen say they would have a better result with lighter colours of light.

Do you have any scientific evidence to support this, or is this just the local consensus based on anecdotes?

Perhaps 'lighter' is a mistranslation of 'brighter' somewhere a long the line? Because I'm not even sure what 'lighter' would mean in regards to a monochromatic light source.

Why would you want to try the 'hard' (& expensive) way .???
LEDs are cheap..very bright- and I am sure they would work better.

Are you fishing from a boat.. we use 'dock lights' to fish from docks on 'shore'.
And a friend has a house built on a dock.. and there is a big glass 'window' in the floor in front of the couch The lights are under the houseboat. The fish attracted make a good show-
(better than TV)--
all kinds of Florida fish... shrimp are drawn to the light and they (& other 'bait') draw the fish .

Can you please tell us what kind of fish you are after?
Bait? Rod and reel or + hand or long line or some kind of nets??
Where in Turkey are you?

good luck--hak

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I forgot about the supercontinuum lasers :rolleyes: Where can I get one in a handheld? :ROFLMAO:

from the interwebz
''
Night fishing with light-up lures that can be seen from space ... of Thailand, and to the west, in the Andaman Sea, are something rather different. ... hundreds of fishing boats, which use huge banks of green LED lights to attract ...'

I read nothing in regard to 'laser' fishing.. so it looks like the best bet is powerful waterproof green LED lights.
OOPS____________ edit correction my bad

I did not use the best search terms.. & stand corrected.
see this ...............
https://www.google.com/search?q=use+of+Lasers+for+fishing

( and that begs the question of ??? did our Turkish Fisherman google 'Lasers for fishing')
they are on lures too.
Some like red??
Many times the lasers are used to 'flush out' the hiding bait fish...

also I read the the fishing there is in trouble... and Turkey is famous for great fishing there--'countless lakes and rivers AND 5 oceans/ seas meet the shores there. '
There are few restrictions .. small fish that would not be legal to take in many places are absent in Turkey. Calls for fishing bans are common.
Pollution from Russian Power Plants has been a big problem, as well has over-fishing. Bans of 3 to 5 years are being considered and in one place they want no fishing forever..images   resize fish pi.jpg

Last edited: