Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for laser newb info

Yeah. Read the FAQ's. Then you'll know.

You're not gonna get caught, most likely, but it's still illegal. Make your decision here. I personally don't buy any illegal lasers, I build them myself, which is legal.

Swearing at Lasersbee, one of our most valued members here, just got you a straight ticket to hateville, and you're going to have to do a lot to get rid of that.

-Mark

Lesson of the day? Never flame at anyone, much less the one who's among the highest ranked on the forum, in all respects.

Good luck getting rid of that rep... ;)

To CUJO Jr. All it took me was to read just a few of your questions, the replies you gave to the Members that took their time to answer you, & some of the comments that you've made about those Members or their answers, & I can tell already that you seem to be the sort of person that we DON'T NEED on this Forum. So why don't you do yourself & ESPECIALLY US a favor, & scoot along little doggie. Head on over to that forum where the "WICKED LASER" is worshipped like a god. You'll fit in very nicely there............rob PS, In other words "GET LOST"

You do realize that patents will run you over 5,000. So good luck with that. Also just because you patent something does not mean that it is "fool proof" Patents cover a very small margine of an idea. So if someone changes your idea just a bit it really will not matter if you have the patent. Then you will spend your money trying to sue and most likely you will not win. Your uncle is a patent attourny? Well i hope he does free work!

fact is, any "super cool idea 10x better than a cigarette light" is still going to require you to do alot of reading....along with a few hundred dollars of tinkering with laser crap before you even get "decent" at building any of it.

....and i highly doubt that your idea is original....there isn't a whole lot left that can be done with a dilda that hasn't been done already........now go away, your wasting forum bandwidth.

Wonder if he'll ever come back? Hopefully not...

On an unrelated note, I finished my first build about five hours ago. I didn't think a 300-350mA red is going to be so bright it takes my eyes out to look at the dot on a wall five meters from me, IN SUNGLASSES, INDOORS! :D
It can't light my matches, but it's okay, those are notoriously hard to light anyway (old Polaroid giveaway matches. my father used to work for them, and we still have a sh!tload of these :) ). It can, however, score blue electricians' tape quite well. Tomorrow, I'm going to prepare the housing, and hopefully install it with a bit of other electronics.

To cujojunior: Take heed, no previous experience, just reading and asking the right questions. Wish you luck in your fools errand!

Hey Thunderbird89...
we're going to need some pics of your finished build....;)

BTW... if you had some good Laser Safety Goggles... it might be easier to
focus your laser to the smallest dot for burning..

Jerry

Hey Thunderbird89...
we're going to need some pics of your finished build....;)

BTW... if you had some good Laser Safety Goggles... it might be easier to
focus your laser to the smallest dot for burning..

Jerry

Pics in my own thread, goes by the name "Is it worth starting?" in this section. Be warned, first host I messed up royally today, so it looks really ugly... ;)