Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for Info on the Wicked Lasers Executive Series

XM360

I recently found an Wicked Lasers Executive Series laser on eBay, for around $35. Being somewhat of a collector of early Wicked Lasers models, I thought it was a decent deal and decided to grab it. It still puts out a tight, near perfect beam after all this time. The safety label reads 60mw, but I've found this DPSS green to be extremely volatile based on temp, putting out any where between 35mw and 95mw with no real average. It will even sometimes plateau at 40mw after 10 or 15 seconds, then randomly start climbing rapidly up to nearly 100mw over the following 15 seconds. But anyways, I was hoping somebody here may have some additional info on these units. The dated WL page didn't provide much, as most of the info relates to the newer "fusion" branded models (Green Laser Pointer | Executive Series | Wicked Lasers). My unit does not have a safety lock, LED light, or removable lens. I have found one article on here that said,

"I have an old WL Executive series laser.(before they added the interlock pin and power led) They used to be broken down into several power levels with respective pricetags. It seems they no longer use this nomenclature.
Classic - 15mW
Advanced - 35mW
Extreme ? - 55mW or something, not sure on the name
Nexus - 95mW
Fusion - 125mW
Phoenix - 150mW"

Beyond this, I haven't found a whole lot of info regarding the production dates, price, specs, etc. If anyone is able to fill in any blanks, I'd be very grateful!

Attachments

• IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2962.JPG
    IMG_2962.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2965.jpg
    IMG_2965.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2964.jpg
    IMG_2964.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2963.jpg
    IMG_2963.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 32

Have you tried taking a look at the "Wayback Machine" website XM360? I took a look with the link you've provided and was able to go all the way back to 2007. They did indeed seem to sell this model at different power ratings, as you mentioned.

It may be worth the while for you if you are interested!

https://web.archive.org/

-Alex

Last edited:

XM360

Thanks a lot for the tip, that never even came to mind! Definitely helps fill in some blanks about the laser.

Great link, Alex. Of course these pens were built during a time when DPSS lasers in pens would change power and mode hop with temperature of the internal crystals. They have gotten better since then, but you can still get a cheap DPSS laser that will do this today.

Just some friendly advice. Your instability might be due to poor tolerance in the battery compartment. You can try adding a small piece of aluminum foil inside for a better connection. Sometimes the batteries wiggle around too much and this causes a poor connection.

Here's an example in case you're interested.
http://f.devinity.org/zCrF6d

Edit: Nice to see you guys too!

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Just some friendly advice. Your instability might be due to poor tolerance in the battery compartment. You can play with the safety key/pin and add a small piece of foil inside for a better connection.

That's good info., definitely worth checking out, could be an easy fix! :yh:

Nice to hear from you again, jeffrey, it's been a while. :wave:

Where have you been hiding, Alien Laser? Haven't seen you posting for awhile. Gave me a chance to give you something. :D

Hihihi i bin busy working on a train layout and some vintage computers
i purchase broken none working computers and rebuild it :D

Last edited:

XM360

Just some friendly advice. Your instability might be due to poor tolerance in the battery compartment. You can try adding a small piece of aluminum foil inside for a better connection. Sometimes the batteries wiggle around too much and this causes a poor connection.

Here's an example in case you're interested.
http://f.devinity.org/zCrF6d

Edit: Nice to see you guys too!
Thanks for the tip, I’ll definitely give it a try!

Cool review! would definitely take the advice and make sure the battery is very secure in the laser. I have noticed that even high-quality pen units can quickly develop this issue. Also makes sense that you are seeing instability. they are old, and WL isn't exactly known for stable Dpss units: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MltZEAD7kd0)

Also glad you finally got your hands on some Sanwu Units. Still eyeing that 7w spiker for a future review?

Last edited:

XM360

Cool review! would definitely take the advice and make sure the battery is very secure in the laser. I have noticed that even high-quality pen units can quickly develop this issue. Also makes sense that you are seeing instability. they are old, and WL isn't exactly known for stable Dpss units: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MltZEAD7kd0)

Also glad you finally got your hands on some Sanwu Units. Still eyeing that 7w spiker for a future review?
It actually just came in the mail :) That and a 3x expander. Review coming this month or next!