Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for Arctic silver /alumina epoxy

I have searched dozens of net shops and cannot find Arctic Silver Epoxy. Does anybody have any extra ?

TechIngredients is solid, lots of good informative videos too.

Last edited:

gazer101

I mean you're not cooling a CPU or anything right? Why can't regular old silicone thermal grease work?
Maybe for the super hot parts use some MX4 or MX5

I am actually using the thermal cement for attaching an copper heatsink to an NVME. I have used Arctic Silver many time to apply heat sinks. It has really good thermal properties.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Correct me if I'm wrong (please!) but I thought Arctic Silver epoxy had been discontinued.

I am actually using the thermal cement for attaching an copper heatsink to an NVME. I have used Arctic Silver many time to apply heat sinks. It has really good thermal properties.
Just use a thermal pad like everyone else and don't make things more complicated for yourself. Eventually you will want to replace/sell the nvme drive anyways.

Actually, I have found that if jb weld is mixed 1:2 with Arctic aluminum and spread very thin as usual, it has excellent thermal properties. They are very similar to arctic aluminum by itself. Yet it maintains very good adhesion.