Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for advice on a 445 nm build

This would be my first build and I'm looking to do a 1W+ with 1 or 2 18650s for power. Anyone know of the best place to get parts for these sort of things? And possibly some photos of builds you've done to help get me started? thanks!

DrSid

I totally did succeed on first try with 445nm. And while I am ingenious, I admit some other people might manage too.

As for guides, parts, pictures .. browse this thread for hour or two, it's all here.

Kevlar

This would be my first build and I'm looking to do a 1W+ with 1 or 2 18650s for power. Anyone know of the best place to get parts for these sort of things? And possibly some photos of builds you've done to help get me started? thanks!

Check out some of the links in my sig, it should get you started. :beer:

jakeGT

Did a 445 build before anything else, and was successful, than after that ended up killing a red diode. I was happy about that.

No problems on my first red (which died a few months later) a couple years ago or this first 445. See my post a little below this for the cheapest part list I could come up with.

It was a joke, you know.
It's so damn hard to express oneself over interwebz, using plain text.

Anyhow, I would still STRONGLY encourage taking "baby steps". PHR and LPC sleds first. You'll get to powerful lasers soon enough.