Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a visible beam green laser for cheap

So I just bought the WL 1.2 W Arctic and and now obsessed with portable lasers. I now know that green is more visible and would like to own one. I want to get one that's more visible than my current 445nm. Can anyone suggest a company/model that would be brighter than my 1.2W in green for a reasonable price? Thanks

-Josh

Brighter and reasonable price hmmm, try dragon lasers hulk 300mW green ...bit more than 200 hundred dollars about 300 hundred but people on forum have said they are good and dragon guarantee delivery.Or same company the spartan 300mW green .

Last edited:

NO4H99

A 100mw from TheJoker (Sci-Fi Lasers) won't be quite the same brightness, but still easily visible. Only $50 too.

It won't take nearly 1.2W of green to be as visible as 1.2W of blue. Like NO4H99 said, 100mW of 532 (or 520 if you want to go the direct diode route) will be very bright. you can use this calculator to determine how many mW's of 532 will equal the brightness of 1200mW's of 445. So, roughly ~80mW will do.

NO4H99

^^^ According to the calculator...

There are so many variables (divergence, thickness of the beam, etc) that make it hard to compare. Personally, though, my 1.2w blue looked slightly brighter than my 115mw green. Definitely comparable though - I'd guess about 150ish mw would give approx. the same brightness, but it also depends on the observer.

As a dpss laser, a green beam looks like a needle next to a blue. Just another thing to consider.

agreed it should be as bright as a 1 watt blue, having seen enough of my greens around that power, a 1 watt blue is noticeablely brighter than a 100 mW greenie LPM..the human eye light response tells us that 532 nm is about 20 times brighter than 405 ...445 nm ...but i can assure you a 1 watt blue will look brighter than a 100mw green even if that's what the experts and charts say i just tested this during writing of this post and the blue is easy brighter at 1 watt .to a 100 mW green .....hence why i said get the 300 mW green that will be brighter ...you can just feel the power of the blue as well as see it ...apart from that googles are good the brilliance is fantastic at 1 watt plus blue and 150mw green ...the beam as said above is much better in the green which may explain why blues look brighter than in theory a much much lower powered green should look as bright.on top of this brightness is subjective to each individual, so what i may see as brighter you may not.

Last edited:
Wow, you guys have given me a lot to think about. Thank you for all your views and opinions I'll have to take them all into account and cross reference them to make my decision of what to get. I'm thinking maybe 200-300 mW now, although I might just splurge and go for a biggie like the Krypton 750mW or the 1W since it's idiot proof, the duty cycle is infinite under the right temps and it's quite hard to find other green that fit these requirements I've listed. You guys were very helpful thank you again!

Tmack

Remember that wicked lasers may say a rated mw, but their products have been reviewed to be under spec ,,,a lot ,,. So a company like laserbtb, dragon lasers, sci fi lasers, jetlasers,
In my opinion would be much better options to get what your paying for.

I got a o-like 400mW green. It's nice and visible. Been thinking of getting rid of it.

Encap

Wow, you guys have given me a lot to think about. Thank you for all your views and opinions I'll have to take them all into account and cross reference them to make my decision of what to get. I'm thinking maybe 200-300 mW now, although I might just splurge and go for a biggie like the Krypton 750mW or the 1W since it's idiot proof, the duty cycle is infinite under the right temps and it's quite hard to find other green that fit these requirements I've listed. You guys were very helpful thank you again!

If you are actually considering a Krypton check out the current JetLasers Group Buy. There are some great laser still available at reasonable prices.
If you email Gray at JetL he can quote you on a PL-E 800+mW 532nm and give you an LPF member price.

See: http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/new-jetlasers-gb-stocked-metered-pl-e-pro-equality-series-ti-b-lasers-85175.html

Woah! I just got robbed of a sale on my own thread! sjkuessel message me too, I'm very interested, sir