Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a good 532nm laser - $250 Max.

AMN

Hey everyone! :D
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a Green (532nm) laser.
Now, I want to keep this laser as my main high powered laser, so it can't be a low quality one.
I have a maximum of $250 to spend.

Main requirements:

- Adjustable Focus.
- 200mw + of Green light.
- Running in a rather stable TEM00.
- Good divergence.
- Nice host.
- Reasonable duty cycle.

If you have any suggestion, please do post a reply with a link.
:thanks:

Last edited:

For your budget the best bet you have for maximum power is the O-like 400mW.
For a clean TEM00 you will want something from CNI or Viasho.
All beams diverge so non-divergent is impossible.
What is a reasonable duty cycle?

Note that with a limited budget you will have to make compromises.
High power for a low price means you will sacrifice stability or beam quality or both.

AMN

For your budget the best bet you have for maximum power is the O-like 400mW.
For a clean TEM00 you will want something from CNI or Viasho.
All beams diverge so non-divergent is impossible.
What is a reasonable duty cycle?

Note that with a limited budget you will have to make compromises.
High power for a low price means you will sacrifice stability or beam quality or both.

Firstly, thanks for your reply. :)
I was aware of the O-like 400mw Green, but I wasn't sure about the beam quality and stability, and I know that's the highest actual power I will get for my budget, but anything > 200mw will do.
I think my budget is a bit too low for CNI standard lasers.
A reasonable duty cycle would be anything 1 minute on, 1 minute off - or better.

What do you suggest? Do you know anywhere I could find a good 200mw laser?

Personally, if I was going to buy a 200mw+ green laser again, it would strictly be from either another forum member, or o-like.

Edit, if I came across a huge lump of spendable money I would get a CNI :p

Last edited:
In case you haven't seen it, here is a review of an O-like 400 that I wrote up: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/400mw-532nm-laser-torch-o-like-photos-video-62898.html
The unit I received is apparently better than the typical but you never know what you might get from a Chinese drop-shipper.
However, note that the beam quality was not the finest.

I am actually in the same boat as you...
I'm looking for a deal for a good >200mW laser.
If I wasn't so poor right now, I would go with the NOVAlasers Endeavor no doubt, however I may try to find a good deal on a solid module and install it into a custom host that I already have on hand. Unfortunately, there is not much of a middle ground when it comes to DPSS green lasers.
There is a big gap between the cheap stuff and the expensive stuff.
I might just try my luck with an O-like 200mW module. If it turns out ok I can always swap out the optics to squeeze out every last green photon.
For now, though, while I am too busy to really be involved with the hobby, I will wait patiently and hope something springs up. ;)

Last edited:

AMN

In case you haven't seen it, here is a review of an O-like 400 that I wrote up: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/400mw-532nm-laser-torch-o-like-photos-video-62898.html
The unit I received is apparently better than the typical but you never know what you might get from a Chinese drop-shipper.
However, note that the beam quality was not the finest.

I am actually in the same boat as you...
I'm looking for a deal for a good >200mW laser.
If I wasn't so poor right now, I would go with the NOVAlasers Endeavor no doubt, however I may try to find a good deal on a solid module and install it into a custom host that I already have on hand. Unfortunately, there is not much of a middle ground when it comes to DPSS green lasers.
There is a big gap between the cheap stuff and the expensive stuff.
I might just try my luck with an O-like 200mW module. If it turns out ok I can always swap out the optics to squeeze out every last green photon.
For now, though, while I am too busy to really be involved with the hobby, I will wait patiently and hope something springs up. ;)

Yeah, I've read your review.
I wouldn't mind a 200mw laser, as long as the divergence isn't that bad, and it's pretty stable.
I think you understand exactly what I'm looking for.
But I guess I'll just have to wait.
I would still appreciate suggestions. =)

AMN

To AMN:
For considering your requirement of 200mW green laser pointer and expecting price of $250, you can take a consideration of Nether series adjustable focus green laser pointer with safety key 200mW. This series green laser has high performance and high reputation among users. You can have a try of it, and discount can be available. It is quite good in use.

Are there any reviews of this laser on this forum?

The o-like 400mw is a good option i think...i only saw very nice beamshots, it fits your budget...and even if it will have alot of IR the green 532nm power will at least be 200mw;)

AMN

Just found this interesting group buy on Optotronics:
Viasho Group Buy Lasers

I'm thinking of buying the 250mw version.
I searched for reviews on it, but couldn't really find any.
I'm also not sure about the quality of this laser, and the divergence.

Any help regarding this laser would be appreciated.
I'm still looking for a laser, so if you know a laser that might be fit for me, I'm still looking for suggestions.

:thanks:

AMN

The o-like 400mw is a good option i think...i only saw very nice beamshots, it fits your budget...and even if it will have alot of IR the green 532nm power will at least be 200mw;)

Yeah, I know it's a good laser for the price. I'm just not sure about it's divergence. And I've also heard it mode hops.

Didnt I read they are having problem with the new 400mW lasers from O-Like? Broken springs, and what not. Or am I thinking of another laser. Too drunk right now to find the thread. But Opto is a great companie, and Jack (the owner) backs up what he sells. RPLs are top notch if you can afford it.

You can PM him here...http://laserpointerforums.com/members/bootleg2go/

Last edited:

AMN

Didnt I read they are having problem with the new 400mW lasers from O-Like? Broken springs, and what not. Or am I thinking of another laser. Too drunk right now to find the thread. But Opto is a great companie, and Jack (the owner) backs up what he sells. RPLs are top notch if you can afford it.

You can PM him here...http://laserpointerforums.com/members/bootleg2go/

I sent him a PM.
I asked him more about the Viasho 250mw version from the group buy, and also the price we could get if someone runs a group buy for the 200mw RPLs.
I'm looking forward to his answer. He doesn't seem very active on here, but I hope to get a quick reply.

hi, if you want i sell my rayfoss FMK.... this.
www.rayfoss.com

it is stable 250mw... i could do video or pics when i return to my friend with LPM.

i sell it because i never use ite... i thouhgt handheld were good 4me.. but i prefer PEN LASER.....