Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a cheap 100-200mW green laser pointer

Just look into what the laws in are for germany. I know there were a couple of threads about it.

I'm only vaguely familiar from sending one laser to a guy in germany, so don't want to give out bad info.

Lasers over 1mW are not allowed to import to germany. When you have it and you don't use it in public, nobody will make trouble.
As far as i know aren't lasers illegal. Its just not allowed to import them.

I think i just have to try it. But i will wait till i got an info about the goggles from a friend of my father. Maby i get them for free or very cheap.

I doubt you'll have problems when it comes to importing the laser. They are marked as flashlights...

Order the batteries separately.

As for goggles, you can't use sunglasses, or welding helmets, or any other nonsense. You need LASER safety goggles....

There are links to five different options in my signature.

Your goggles might be nice but i'll trust quality goggles which are made and tested in germany a bit more then goggles from the internet from a concern that i don't know.

I wrote it several times. A friend of my father is safety manager in a big concern. He will inform at some of the concerns they usualy buy from and will buy them for me. Maby his concern pays it. Maby i have to pay it. But that will be less than some quality goggles from the internet.

I'm not silly. Don't think that i will use a laser without goggles. ;)
Ok maby outside in the clear sky.

I wrote that i have some 18650 Batteries here. So i don't need to order them. If i need Batteries, i would not buy those crappy Ultrafires. I would choose the Solarforce, AW, Spark or other good cells ;)

Last edited:
Well, i don't understand why you want that i buy the goggles you advice instead of some other quality goggles.

I thought the goggles you advice are from Asia. But now i see, that they are from the USA. The qualitystandard in Asia is not that high as in the USA or Germany. I don't want to save my eyes with china-wear.

But then why are you not having a problem buying a laser that will probably come from china? :thinking:

Because the goggles have to save my eyes.
If the laser has not a high quality its sad but it will not hurt me. If the goggles are very low quality i can get blind.

Last edited:
I think there is a bit of a language barrier issue here....

I'm saying you should get certified goggles... three of the links in my signature are for such goggles.

Doesn't mean you have to buy from those companies though. There are others... those were just the most popular ones IMO.

Ok i decided what i will do now.

I will buy this Laser Module with 100mw from Lazerer.
I will put it into this or this host.
Are the hosts right for that module? Where can i buy a fitting lense?
Is it right that i need the Module with spring?

EDIT:
Oh i see, that the module has a lens integrated.

Last edited:
well i bought the 100mw green classic, its said to put out 116mw and 22mw IR, but its rubbish, doesnt light a match, only sometimes after i switch it on after a few hours, it will light matches for about 10seconds then have no effect whatsoever,i also have to use the sweet spot for the above decription, normal focus a few feet away, no chance.
but the thing about lazerer is that i ordered on 14th, shipped on 16th and i recieved in UK on 19th!!!. record shipping i would say. if you want power and dont really mind the design then get either the red 250mw module from lazerer or the tiny green 150mw laser, both are good and very cheap for their mw power. but im not much of a expert so do what you will and good luck ;)

Last edited:
Not sure why everyone here loves lazerer so much. I have three greens that are parts. My o-like lasers are all going strong...

DJNY

^ My 100mW waterproof 532nm from Lazerer got a bad O-ring and water got in.

For burning, focusable 405nm lasers are still the best.

Not sure why everyone here loves lazerer so much. I have three greens that are parts. My o-like lasers are all going strong...

It's all the same in the end. I've had bad experiences with O-like. I've had better experiences with Lazerer. I'm sure yours must be quite the opposite. To each his own.

Personal experiences mainly.

For example when I ordered from o-like a long while back, and offered $5 and then $10 to LPM my lasers they wouldn't do it. Just said they would test them.

Lo and behold I ended up with one DOA and one underspec laser with a bad lens.... I had to spend more money, time and plenty of frustrations to send the laser back, and in return got a $10 partial refund (shipping was $35).

Last time I ordered they showed the laser as in stock. Took a month to ship out though.

For me it mainly comes down to service... even if sometimes I end up paying a bit more for it.

Last edited: