Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a 7W+ laser.

Vision

So my 2W laser just broke. Had it for a few years. Wanna replace it with a 7W+ laser. Should I buy the parts individually and build it myself or buy something like the SFLaser Arcane 2.0?

Thanks.

Why not introduce yourself, tell us what part of the country or world you are in?

Bubby

Lots of variables, what's your budget? Do you have experience assembling lasers? How many times can you tolerate walking to your mailbox only to return heartbroken months after you placed your laser order? Their are plenty of expert builders on this site if you look around.

Bubby

Hit up grainde, he can build you pretty much whatever you want, plus his kryton grooves hosts are off the heezy with the glow in the dark accents.

OVNI

This one from Japan is a sweet heart and it is 7W+
Where are you from as they might not be able to ship it to your country.

World?s Most Powerful Laser Is 2,000 Trillion Watts ? But What?s It For? | IFLScience

0Ou3fB8m.jpg

Don't get me wrong, MOAR POWER is always fun, but going from 1-2W to 6-7W is not worth it.

Visually the difference is not huge, you're not going to get a laser that looks 3x brighter. Just one that heats up faster, runs the batteries down faster, and ends up leaving burn marks on your ceiling faster.

Would help to know where you're from. Obviously if don't already own some goggles, or just cheapie ones, get something better to go along with your new laser.

OVNI

Don't get me wrong, MOAR POWER is always fun, but going from 1-2W to 6-7W is not worth it.

Visually the difference is not huge, you're not going to get a laser that looks 3x brighter. Just one that heats up faster, runs the batteries down faster, and ends up leaving burn marks on your ceiling faster.

Would help to know where you're from. Obviously if don't already own some goggles, or just cheapie ones, get something better to go along with your new laser.

I second that. I have a 1.5W and a 6W+ 450nm. Not a lot of noticeable difference in beam brightnesses but a whole lot of difference in price (3x IIRC).

Vision

I see. And yes i already do have eagle pair glasses.

Vision

I second that. I have a 1.5W and a 6W+ 450nm. Not a lot of noticeable difference in beam brightnesses but a whole lot of difference in price (3x IIRC).

So what would you recommend? Need something very bright and decent battery life.

A fog machine is a MUCH better investment if you want to see a bright beam. Personally I just vape a bit before using a laser.

I see. And yes i already do have eagle pair glasses.

Those are generally very good, but if you have the money to spend on a 7W laser, I suggest getting a pair of goggles that are certified.

OVNI

A fog machine is a MUCH better investment if you want to see a bright beam. Personally I just vape a bit before using a laser.

Seconded again. I went into a vape shop last week looking for hosts and brought my 1.5W 520nm. Lots of people in there vaping. We went to their back room and pointed it out toward their back alley away from everyone in the room and the beam was literally too bright. Had to go completely outside (it was nighttime) to demonstrate.

Vision

Alright, I'll get something between 1.5W. So when can we expect 7W+ that is as stable as the 1Ws? Meaning they don't eat that much battery and overheat. Few more years?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Hi And welcome to LPF yes can intro would be nice to get to know you better and help you out. Anyway just my opinion build one your self you can get an awesome host made by one of our fine machinists here at LPF and all your components to. And build it to your own style you like,and the best thing is it's all been done with parts here from LPF merchants. Also another perk is self satisfaction can't beat that buddy. Buying is easy but building is nothing like it .

Rich:)

Last edited:
Alright, I'll get something between 1.5W. So when can we expect 7W+ that is as stable as the 1Ws? Meaning they don't eat that much battery and overheat. Few more years?

Thanks everyone.

The way things are going, another 3-5 years and we'll see 10W+ handheld lasers.

Batteries and heat are likely to remain as limiting factors for longer.

Vision

Hi And welcome to LPF yes can intro would be nice to get to know you better and help you out. Anyway just my opinion build one your self you can get an awesome host made by one of our fine machinists here at LPF and all your components to. And build it to your own style you like,and the best thing is it's all been done with parts here from LPF merchants. Also another perk is self satisfaction can't beat that buddy. Buying is easy but building is nothing like it .

Rich:)

Well for intros. I'm a student of law. Loved lasers since I was kid. Had lots for cheap ones from 50-150mw. Got my 2W set as a gift. Sadly it broke last year, so looking new age powerful replacement. Mostly use them for fun astronomical purposes.

Last edited: