Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a 473nM diode

V

V1.15

I can't get PMs going yet... I don't have enough posts... :(

I am looking for a 473 nM diode, prefer in a housing, but loose is fine. Post up if you have something.

Thanks!!

-AT

sorry but you're not going to get a 473nm diode since i don't think they exist (if they do they will be $$$$$$)

473nm (Blue) lasers are DPSS lasers just like green

^what this dude said... blue is going to be very expensive even in DPSS form, since the efficiency is something like 3%?

V

V1.15

;D Well... that would explain why I am having a heck of a time finding one ... :lol:

Live and learn I suppose! Thanks for the info.

V

V1.15

So, let me get this straight - 405nM is what is used in "Blu Ray" DVD players, and 473nM (which I now realize is pumped, doh!) was used in HD DVD? Or did both HD and BR use 405? I have not worked on either of those two formats (yet) at work, so I am pretty 'behind the times' on what is doing what with what and what-not.

Since my product line uses lasers, I figured it'd be a swell idea to learn more about them...

daguin

V1.15 said:
So, let me get this straight - 405nM is what is used in "Blu Ray" DVD players, and 473nM (which I now realize is pumped, doh!) was used in HD DVD? Or did both HD and BR use 405? I have not worked on either of those two formats (yet) at work, so I am pretty 'behind the times' on what is doing what with what and what-not.

Since my product line uses lasers, I figured it'd be a swell idea to learn more about them...

The 405nm diode was used in both. 473nm is NOT used in DVD's.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=V1.15 link=1211682603/0#6 date=1211905433]So, let me get this straight - 405nM is what is used in "Blu Ray" DVD players, and 473nM (which I now realize is pumped, doh!) was used in HD DVD? Or did both HD and BR use 405? I have not worked on either of those two formats (yet) at work, so I am pretty 'behind the times' on what is doing what with what and what-not.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

i was told that HD DVD used a slightly different wavelength of around ~415nm or something (it was indeed from a very reliable source). anyone else heard of this? it would make sense since i dont think HD DVD and Blu Ray are interchangable? or are they? lol

daguin

HumanSymphony said:

Peace,
dave

i was told that HD DVD used a slightly different wavelength of around ~415nm or something (it was indeed from a very reliable source). anyone else heard of this? it would make sense since i dont think HD DVD and Blu Ray are interchangable? or are they? lol

I do not have the equipment to measure wavelength. Someone here may be able to measure wavelength. Plus, the wavelength of a diode varies with current and heat. I doubt if I could visually tell the difference anyway. We have been generally operating as if these are the same. Although HD and Blu-ray are NOT interchangeable formats in DVD's, they may still use the same underlying equipment and technology.

Peace,
dave