Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looked at 1200mw 445nm laser dot without protection

mrCryingobsidian

Hi, I'm new here, just want to check if I should be worried.
So I just got this "5000mw" Chinese blue laser that's really 1200mw, and they came with safety goggles that should at least protect against glare.
To test this, I came up with the brilliant idea to aim the laser at a white wall approximately 3-4 meters away from me, and check whether I saw any difference with and without the goggles on.
5 hours have passed, and when I close my eyes I can still see a small dark blue dot in my right eye. Should I be worried?

Encap

Is it normal for you to see a blue dot in your right eye?
Nobody on LPF can tell you if you should be worried or not---nobody knows what you did or didn't do and with what and how for sure and nor what the condition of your eye is---this is the internet not the real world---- even a qualified eye MD Ophthalmologist can't give an opinion over the internet--not possible with examining your eyes so... if it continues or bothers you see an ER or MD ophthalmologist

See: https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/warning-eye-injury-emergency-procedure.101882/

">>>Warning<<<
"If you think you need medical help or attention for an eye injury or any other medical problem, you probably do."
"If you have been hit in the eye with a laser and feel you have suffered any type of eye injury as the result of an accident with a laser that may need medical opinion or treatment,
go to a hospital Emergency Room and/or consult a qualified Board Certified MD Ophthalmologist ASAP.
LPF is a laser hobbyist website, not physicians, and cannot give any medical or legal advice.
No professional medical or legal advice is available or possible on LPF"

For additional information see laserpointersafety.com here:
Laser Pointer Safety - What to do if you are hit by a laser pointer or laser pen "

Last edited:

Coonie

Encap, it's a troll

EDIT: To explain some issues... How does he know the real output of the laser? Who would test if the goggles work by subjecting yourself to the damage. (That's like saying "I'm going to test if this fire is hot by setting my hand in it) And lastly, he wouldn't see blue when his eyes closed but rather the inverted color of it

Anthony P

IFF a troll, I must ask: has anyone else received PMs from barcode scanner guy? If not a troll, apologies.

I have looked at diffused reflections from laser far above this power from the same distance with no problems at all. Some at wavelengths in the green spectrum. These are far brighter than 445nm blue laser light.

ExLaserSquad

Well i looked at it also when i first got it but nothing really happened.i looked for like 1-2 sec but in my opinion if it happened u should get ur eyes checked and buy eagle pair from survivallasers they protected my eyes really well against it so far been using it for 3 months now.

GSS

Hi Rich. I received the same... I am not sure if it is appropriate to name names since it was in PM. What is the protocol?
I didn't get a PM with this odd video, but I wouldn't think it's a biggie naming the user name.
Pretty sure everyone remembers this person who "??seemed??" to work retail and I ??"assume"?? afraid of the checkout or inventory scanner..

Encap

I didn't get a PM with this odd video, but I wouldn't think it's a biggie naming the user name.
Pretty sure everyone remembers this person who "??seemed??" to work retail and I ??"assume"?? afraid of the checkout or inventory scanner..
Exactly---the guy is obsessively asking the same things over and over again --ignore all the answers. 22 out of 22 posts all about the same insane bar code scanner eye damage fears and imaginings.

Smells more than a bit if he is PMing that video around.

There is now a public post: "Laser Safety Question"
Yes same guy

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
IFF a troll, I must ask: has anyone else received PMs from barcode scanner guy? If not a troll, apologies.
Yeah, they sent that to me as well. I told them if they were worried they needed to see an opthamologist but that I thought the risk of eye injury from a barcode scanner laser were minimal. Haven't heard back from them since.

Coonie

I knew the spamming wouldn't stop. They just find other ways to do it. Expect to get pms with advertisements now