Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Look what arrived today...

DSCN1368.JPG

:p

I know, I paid too much, it's probably refurbished, etc., etc., etc..

But, it's all mine!!

I plan on getting a split-rail power supply for it and at some point hooking it up to an arduino. That will be a couple of months down the road though. I need to build the bank account back up.

-Bob

Those Ophir heads are great :D

For hooking it up to an Arduino you can reference Trevor's's guide here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f70/lpm-design-beginner-s-guide-84691.html

Trust me, I've spent way too much time searching the site for LPM/arduino information. That's why I decided to buy the head and eventually pick up an arduino.

I got it now because they are available and they may not be in a few months when I can pick up everything else. I plan on documenting my progress here.

I have to finish up some other projects first and then I can start on the other hardware.

-Bob

Reactions: ARG
Just curious... did you find the head on eBay or something? They are very nice heads :beer:

Just curious... did you find the head on eBay or something? They are very nice heads :beer:

ebay. Read some old posts and then saw that the seller still had some advertised.

Sure, it wasn't as cheap as they have been but the price seemed ok to me.

-Bob

I have a power supply i could sell you. Bought it with intent on connecting my ophir to a DMM for a while but bought a whole kit. It connects to 9v batteries. PM for more info

djQUAN

Lots of info about the Ophir head around here. You can't go wrong with it, I'm very happy with mine :)